What are you spinning now? Mark 6

Yes.!!! Life and soul of the party :partying_face: is Chris

5 Likes

3 Likes

Fortunately No, but the final track on the album I am about to post is called ‘The Bagpipes’! Will that do?

11 Likes

That will do perfectly :ok_hand:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Looking forward to the continued new albums I’ve never heard, along with the known classics from you (and all) that post to this thread. :beers:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Many thanks…

10 Likes

10 Likes

Newish on Qobuz. HR. I nearly missed this since I skip over Vivaldi for the most part, but then I realised it was by Ms Kopatchinskaja, and would therefore be very, very different. That it most certainly was. Imagine Vivaldi played on a subtle blend of speed and ketamine. She is a superlative violinist and mixes things up most entertainingly. The track Lazzo Parlante is the ensemble and her vocalising a track to establish tempo. I was thinking that this would be promoted to a favourite but, alas, it contains some modern tracks and even heavy drugs and superb artistry cannot quite transform screech and plink into a silk purse. It is still an album well worth listening to. Note: not suitable for background music at dinner parties!

4 Likes

3 Likes

““Imagine …Vivaldi played on a subtle blend of speed and ketamine.””

Vivaldi on drugs. :grin: or preferably take drugs to listen to Vivaldi?! What about Nigel Kennedy.? What’s your take on his interpretation of The Four Seasons.? Need I ask… :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Ms. Kopatchinskaja is always a bit delightfully nuts and a hoot in concert as she dances around and makes faces. She always performs barefoot in my experience.

3 Likes