What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

Gorgeous recording (96/24) of Roman cello sonatas circa 1710-1740 by cellist Marco Ceccato and his ensemble, Accademia Ottoboni - -

1 Like

Marcin Wasilewski’s cover of Prince’s “Diamonds and Pearls”. Perhaps one of the best recent jazz covers of a pop song.

Actually, this might be a good thread to start - bootzilla?..

New jazzy album on TIDAL by the British “Ruby Rushton” quartet . . . very cool!

2 Likes

Jazz covers of pop songs certainly would qualify for this existing thread:

1 Like

1 Like

“Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Duke Ellington Songbook” Verve 3 cd (first release, remastered by Dennis Drake) disc 1

7 Likes

Grew up around Placerville, left there in 1985, I’ll have to check them out.

Just put in a new (to me) set of tubes. Sounds pretty good, new artist to me as well.

1 Like

The 1971 self-titled album from Afrobeat world music pioneers, Osibisa. The music is as creative and interesting as the wild Roger Dean cover art.

3 Likes

Saw the Secret World tour, which completely blew everyone’s mind in attendance.

Artful Staging and lighting beyond anything I’ve seen before or since…

The cover art is Iconic, as they started the show with a British phone box rising up out of the stage, with Peter inside, singing, “Come Talk to Me” on the “phone”…he then proceeded to walk the length of the massively thrust stage, singing the song, “leaning” against the tension of the cable.

Just an unforgettable performance.

A Young Paula Cole filling in for Kate Bush on vocals, where we were turning to each other going…“Who The Fuck is THAT?!”

2 Likes

Wow! First track has got me. Great range.

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

DSCF5268 DSCF5269

8 Likes

Does everyone know this is Peter Gabriel?

:joy: maybe not. if you don’t - never mind ; )

4 Likes