What are you spinning right now?

I’m in @lonson’s debt forever for teaching me about Jack Teagarden. Sounds silly but my life is better with this music in it.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoy his music. I do too. He was a very interesting musician and personality and his music enriches my listening world as well. There’s an excellent two hour documentary about Teagarden that has gone “unreleased” for a few decades, though I have been lucky enough to see it at the University of Texas. I hope it gets officially released one day, it has excellent footage from the 'thirties, 'forties, 'fifties and 'sixties and reminiscing from family and peers. And it really does delineate what a musical mind he had and a congenial, fraternal spirit.

1 Like

I would love to watch that documentary!! How could he make that music and not have a great spirit…I would expect nothing less.

Yes, it’s too bad that he drank too much, and that the music scene had passed him by. He was one of a kind.

1 Like

Shout out to San Diego’s El Vez

1 Like

Creepiest cover ever? It’s in the running!

A little bit of Miles !!

2 Likes

Even after all these years the goosebumps still come - -

3 Likes

One of three great Bear Family Christmas CDs.

1 Like

another great Philips recording…listening to the remastered CD.

From the mono CD box set that came out a couple years ago. Sounds great. Remasters can be done well.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen Mose Allison posted here before. I’m a big fan. I also think it’s so appropriate he’s from Mississippi.

3 Likes

A superb ensemble.

This is the celebrated April ’79 recording. He recorded the full set three times. It’s still in print, however, the cover has changed over the years just to confuse everyone!

1 Like

This record is a bit of a lie since they don’t appear together. Still, nice jazz fro THE era.

5 Likes

And Pee Wee Russell!

2 Likes

Love this set. I’ve said this here before, Ahmet Ertegun seems like he had a strong jerk side…but still, his accomplishments in the music world were immense.

1 Like

3 Likes

Such a great record. Sounds amazing as well! He’s a piece of wok. He hangs out, smoking cigars, at lots of NOLA parades and events. He’s a legend amongst “the people” black and white.

1 Like

Disc 2 of this great comp. First song is Cyril Neville…funky, funky, fumky, funky…

1 Like