What power cable are you using for DS DAC?

Hi all,

I’ve read in a review, that the DS DAC can be pretty sensitive to the Power Cables used. What AC cables are you guys using?

In my case it’s JPS Labs Aluminata Reference AC cable 2,0m, which can extract details from the DS DAC I’ve never so clearly had heard with the Kaptovator AC cable I’ve used before. Aluminata has definetely blacker background, more bass power and is quieter.

Look fwd to hear about your combinations!

Arcus7 said Hi all,

I’ve read in a review, that the DS DAC can be pretty sensitive to the Power Cables used. What AC cables are you guys using?

In my case it’s JPS Labs Aluminata Reference AC cable 2,0m, which can extract details from the DS DAC I’ve never so clearly had heard with the Kaptovator AC cable I’ve used before. Aluminata has definetely blacker background, more bass power and is quieter.

Look fwd to hear about your combinations!

Shunyata King Cobra CX throughout

Magnificent live you are there power dynamics sweetness. Amazing cables

Don’t forget the Shunyata Zitron Alpha Digital power cord. Price to performance ratio can’t be beat, IMHO. I say that because the Alpha digital PC actually works as a separate, independent power conditioner to reduce noise from digital sources…something previous cords could not do as well.

PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12. Use these throughout my system and am very happy with them.

My power and signal cables are all Nordost, all Valhalla except some lower power consuming components are supplied by Vishnus. I have used the DS with a Vishnu from my P5 to a PowerBase then a second Vishnu to the DS. I currently use a Vishnu directly from the P5. Very happy with the results.

I am powering both the DS and PWT with the Shunyata Anaconda Alpha’s. I like what they do in their ability to let the music flow without any adverse effects. Very quiet and musical cables…

The DS is indeed sensitive to power cable, and I like Audience power cable with it – I also use Audience balanced cable from the DS to my preamp, and from my preamp to my monoblocks. The combo produces a very realistic, but relaxed presentation. And the good news is, the Audience power cable has three different gauges depending upon application; so, the DS power cable was reasonably priced.

And just as an aside, the DS is the ONLY component in my system with which I use the Audience power cable. I use shielded power cable everywhere else (the Audience power cable is not shielded).

Happy Tweaking

1 Like

LessLoss DFPC Signature.