Which model regenerator

I’m the same. I don’t have a great back anymore and moving the P20 around is definitely not a one man job for me. With the handles and a friend helping, it makes it much more reasonable.

Even though you’d get roughly the same power handling with 2 P12s, the power from a P20 is still better. The P20 has much better stronger voltage regulation, and because of various hardware upgrades, the output impedance is a good amount lower from the P20. Even though you have 2 20A lines, I’d still stick with the P20.

@Elk, even your name reinforces my confidence in your opinions regarding the zoology of power regenerators.

2 Likes

The handles, front and back, do make the P20 much easier to move around.

$20 buys this astoundingly attractive high-end stand for the P20

2 Likes

That would make a great subwoofer stand also for finding room placement!

Those can actually be made to look the part too. Just get some carpet remnant from a local shop that matches your decor and you can staple a skirt around the edge that just skims the floor and it will look like a custom piece.

Great idea! My interior decorator is already looking into tassels and fringes to spruce it up.

Just kidding.

Seriously, can anyone tell me if the dimensions given in the P20 specs are inclusive of the front (and back) handles? I’m thinking that the unit might be able to sit on the floor inside the support rails of my Solid Steel rack if I remove the lowest platform. Not the height of aesthetics, sortta more college dorm style solution, but largely out of site.

The P20 is 14" deep without handles. The back handles are 1 1/2" deep; front, 2". Total 17 1/2".

2 Likes

@Elk, you really are the best! Thanks.

1 Like

Elk nailed it! He’s not half bad. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hoofta!