Who is Your Favorite Singer, Any Gender, Any Era, Any Genre (You Only Get One)

I shall search it out on YouTube :). ( Don’t think we get Jimmy Fallon in the UK?

1 Like

The Man in Black

2 Likes

He didn’t voluntarily share a mic with Williams and he never simultaneously used a mic with Shirley Horn that I can find. Bob Dorough was the only vocalist he chose to record with. But I compliment your googling.

It’s not googling, these are from my collection–I have hundreds of Miles recordings, official and unofficial. Okay he may not have share a mic, though with Williams it may well have been a one mic recording, I shouldn’t have worded it that way for Horn. he recorded with Williams as a sideman as well as with Horn, he did add trumpet to one of her recordings. Dorough may be the only one that he asked to record with him if that is your distinction.

1 Like

Nancy Wilson

4 Likes

Ofcourse it MUST BE Justin Bieber! :wink:

1 Like

Roger Waters because he always hits my nerves so good.

3 Likes

My dad dated her in college

1 Like

John Lennon.

Female: tie between Mahalia Jackson and Aretha Franklin.

1 Like

After his latency period!

2 Likes

Sara K.

3 Likes

It all depends on my mood, but definitely my top six are Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, Nat Cole, Ella, Aretha, and Eva Cassidy. Those six always improve whatever mood I’m in.

1 Like

Kim Deal or possibly Nina Simone.

1 Like

Yep. Another Diana Krall groupie. I can handle the darts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For pure originality in sound and uplifting songs, Louis Armstrong… Just an absolute legend.

But that’s today, tomorrow it would be someone different.

2 Likes

Female: Aretha Franklin with Ella Fitzgerald a very close second. They both could turn mediocre material into something memorable.

Male: Ray Charles. Just a colossal talent. The man could do it all.

2 Likes

Frank

1 Like

The reality for me is it’s John Lennon but that’s too pat. Marty Robbins is my pick. My dad, who just passed, and me love this man’s voice and music. One of my favorite last memories was listening to Marty Robbins with my dad on his very simple Pioneer Andrew Jones stand mount speakers I set up for him. We had a great night.

3 Likes

Eva Cassidy

2 Likes

Today it’s Jack Teagarden. I know this is unusual, but give this guy a try. Such emotive singing with just the right raw qualities I love (Tom Waits anyone?)

3 Likes