You are there …they are here

So I’ve heard this prob over the last several years … maybe Five. So it goes like this:
This system really makes you transported to the event. A ‘you are there’ experience. Vs the string quartet was playing right in front of me as if they were in my room. A truly ‘they are here’ experience.

So, what am I supposed to like better? Lol. I’m trying to figure out if my Maggie 20.7s are there or here??? :grinning:

1 Like

…or everywhere?

1 Like

Great timing. Listened to that album yesterday. Cool.

Both sound good to me🤷🏻‍♂️ Is it recording dependent? Do you prefer one over the other?

I have actually heard both in my system, but with different speakers. You have to start with the right “live” recording, such as Ben Webster Live in Copenhagen. With the Infinity Modulus, the 3d imaging is so good that the speakers completely disappear. The front to back imaging goes way beyond the walls of the listening room. And am transported to the event. This is one of those omg moments, but it does not sound like they are actually in the room. With the Sonist speakers, on the same recording, it sounds like the saxophone is right there, 8 feet away, and being played in the room. This is also an omg moment, but do not have the feeling of being transported anywhere.