Your best DSD256

This DSD 256 version of “Something Else” is really something else! I have the MQA version which is so harsh, it really is not listenable! The 256 version has no harshness at all, just like my 45 rpm vinyl, but incredibly detailed and live sounding, a real winner!

Here is another 256 winner. Beautifully recorded.

3 Likes

The Ben Webster is another gem! Thanks for the recommendation! @waymanchen11

2 Likes

Here’s another DSD256 Bill Evans (Live at the Village Vanguard) that is mind blowing live sounding recording. I could swear he is really in my room playing live! The atmosphere in this recording is so real it’s eerie!

51163s1Z7VL

3 Likes

Yes I have that one and I agree. This Bill Evan’s title was also released this week. I don’t have it yet as my system is OOS.

3 Likes

I’m playing Bill Evans Morning Glory right now and all I can say is wow, lots of presence and power! This is one killer double album! I like this version of Waltz for Debby more than the former album, it’s a little more more upbeat. This is one hell of a live recording. Another winner. It does take up a lot of storage space though, over 14gb.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

This one is a must from HDTT

5 Likes

This is another good one! I just compared my DSD 64 version with the DSD 256 version and the DSD 64 version really collapses the soundstage and the separation of images. Wow, this DSD 256 version is blowing me away!!

2 Likes

I have a feeling that you and Paul are going to cost me more money again :wink:

2 Likes

Here is some more money for the 256 club to spend money on! I picked up a bundle from Native DSD $67 for the 256 Vanessa Fernandez bundle of 3 albums and a single. Great sounding recordings and the M1 fuse does her vocals justice!

Here’s another doozy from HDTT. Last day for 15% off sale. This recording is so full bodied analog sounding like you’re in the recording studio, as only DSD 256 can portray it.

3 Likes

I found another one!! The recording on this one is about as good as I’ve ever heard! Don’t miss out on this one!

5 Likes

This latest from NativeDSD really show how good DSD 256 can sound. Huge spacious soundstage with totally uncompressed powerful drums and dynamics!

3 Likes

This is another incredible sounding DSD256 release, it makes my 64 version sound like it’s 3 generations down, seriously!!

7 Likes

Download only…?

The CD is available also for $8.99 but I don’t know about the sound quality though.
I have compared the DSD 256 version with a DSD 64 version of the same music from HDTT and the DSD 256 was a little better, no doubt.

2 Likes

Have you been able to compare this KOB (DSD256) to other previous versions?

Yes, the DSD 64 version I compared it to is actually a ripped SACD file I made from the best SACD of KOB collection I have, but this HDTT version, you can hear it right away, it’s more live.

1 Like

This is the part of this hobby I don’t understand. So this Miles Davis album of yours was origianlly recorded in 1959. They would be using 1/4" analog tape back then so how can you take an old production like this and make it better unless there was some serious editing done first?

BTW, I’m a grest Miles Davis fan!

I don’t know where this tape HDTT got came from that they use to do the DSD 256 master, but from what I hear, it must be pretty close to the original one.