Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

I finally got the sunroom system making music. life is good.

23 Likes

Love the central acoustic absorber/woofer

4 Likes

Near field sweet pet spot. Is she/he sleeping or relaxing or critical listening?

1 Like

It is finely tuned for the application. :grin:

He is relaxing and maybe doing some critical listening although the system has almost no time on it. Everything but the power amps is new.
If he gets up and gives me “the look” then I have to play something else.

2 Likes

Congrats to you and our black relaxed friend, the room is simply wonderful!

1 Like

The system is far enough away from the bedroom that it won’t wake my lovely bride when I listen early in the morning or while she is watching something on the TV.

This is part of a perfect set up Paul forgot in his book!!!

2 Likes

Just beautiful, just wonderful

2 Likes

Thanks. It took most of a year to put it together but it seems to be worth the effort.

3 Likes

Osiris has some loose parts. The side panel rattles and can move up and down. It was this way when I got it but ignored it. It’s noteworthy in context of today noticing a speaker terminal I can move up and down with my finger. It’s possible this came loose when torquing down on spades?

Dirk has been super helpful.

That said I probably can’t live with an amp at this price point with loose ratting parts. It does sound good.

I hate to have to ship this thing.

It still sounds good, but from a perception of quality standpoint, loose parts aren’t a good thing.

If it wasn’t for the vast distance between us I could put right the loose binding post and the loose side panel in 10 minutes. They are nothing issues in the grand scheme of things!!

3 Likes

I think you may be right Dirk. I just re connected it and put on Bill Frissell and it sounds amazing.

It’s a tough call.

Maybe something a local tech can fix in a jiffy.

My technical skills are very low. I enjoy the music. I wouldn’t trust myself to take the lid off.

3 Likes

You may live to regret returning the Osiris. They are very special…! Honestly, the loose binding post is an easy fix. Realistically, it is the only problem, the other issues are just niggles that you are using to justify returning the amplifier. One would have to be a mechanical neophyte to lack the skillset required to make good the loose binding post!! Think hard…

2 Likes

This is kinda interesting, but I’m taking the unit out and back into the rack, I tried it without isolation and it sounds even better

Same here…!

1 Like

I would go with Dirks recommendation. The speaker terminals are really easy to tighten up once you figure out how to get the cover off.
With some binding posts it is pretty easy to loosen them up by accident if you continue to turn the knob too far when removing spade connectors. I did the exact same thing on one of my T+A speakers and had to take the mounting plate off, fish the (non magnetic) nut from the base section and put the terminal back together before putting the connection panel back in place.
In your case the most difficult thing will be figuring out how to gain access to the inside of the unit. Some are pretty straightforward and others have hidden fasteners.
The repair itself should be simple.

4 Likes

Yeah-

I should go with how it sounds despite some ratting loose parts

4 Likes

Vern, he fitted spades and when they were undone the binding post inner nut loosened! I have explained the process and procedure required!!!

3 Likes