Your Next Upgrade? (Part 2)

Very interesting.

IMG_2822

Not expected to be a sonic upgrade but the discounted price was almost reasonable, and I’ll be able to replace some of my wine corks and cardboard tubes currently being used to prop up cables…

On sale at Parts Connexion

I’m lucky to get 25Mbps …:cry:
Edgar Choieiri was a bit shocked when he installed my BACCH4Mac
I’m hoping 5G router service reaches my area (we have it for phones only)

One of the things I did to get the cleanest signal from the UVerse fiber optic modem from the wall and router,
was replace the standard ā€œwall-wartā€ power supplies with the Zero Zone linear power supply.

My next upgrade is a Schiit Jottunheim 2 headphone amp (no modules added, just the amp).

I love my PS Audio GCHA headphone amp (so much that I ended up selling two different tube headphone amps) but it’s old and the switch to cycle between single ended and balanced inputs has gone funky and intermittently will almost deaden one channel. . . . The Jottunheim 2 seems like a good fit for my needs (balanced in and out, good feedback from owners).

Will the ZeroZone LPS service more than one item? I am considering an LPS that would eliminate wall warts and external switch mode power supplies in general.

If you look at my previous photo, you can see I used a Y-Splitter dc power cable from the Zero Zone LPS.
That way I can power both the modem and router, eliminating 2 wall-wart power supplies.
Works great!

Curious as to where you sourced the DC splitter cable. I also like the notion of a Shunyata Venom power strip filter for routers, switches, etc. I prefer to keep them powered separate frm my P15.

Cannot remember if this is it or something similar.
Thanks,
Gregg

Most appreciated. Thanks Gregg.

With a storm headed my way, this is the latest thing I did to my system…

That probably caused a big improvement in lowering the black level.

Isolated my stereo as well. We had multiple flickers, followed by a distribution feeder re-closer cycling twice. Multiple tornados were sighted nearby, hopefully no one was injured.

I wonder what difference special feet have when you unplug your system?

And cables, and fuses, and choice of amp and preamp?

Why consume needlessly? I usually admire gear for hours… when switched off! To save money on the electric bill!

I just tore my system apart to install a graphene coated SFDB copper slug into my Nordost QB-8 Mk2 power distributor (replacing an SR Master Fuse) and to place a Synergistic Tranquility Pod and Isoacoustics pucks underneath it.

Took about four hours and I’m sure I’m going to be a little bit sore from it tomorrow. Getting old is not for the faint of heart!

I disturbed just about every cable in the system in the process, but I’ve been listening to it now for several hours, and I have to say that it certainly doesn’t sound worse.

I’m noticing improvements in bass, soundstaging, clarity and noise floor. Highs are a bit more open and extended. I’m hoping for further improvements over the next week of listening.

Beck’s Morning Phase is on now. I listened to it just yesterday and, while quite enjoyable, I felt that the bass was a tad bit overblown. but other albums sounded really good, so I didn’t touch my subs.

Much better now…

My new floor is finally in place.

It floats on StillPoints.

Little expense, great return :grinning:


Ricable Supreme MKII HDMI 2.0 Ultra HD 4K HDR

Is this I2S compatible with the PSA DS DAC?

TIA