A Marriage Made in Audio Heaven

You guys may already know but for those who don’t, they made a movie about the album too.

1 Like

An interesting article about Jerry Boys, who Nick Gold of World Circuit Records (who produced BVSC) hired to record and mix BVSC. They’ve made some amazing records, Like Talking Timbuktu, Ali & Toumani and the recent Rejoice, based out of Livingston Studios in Wood Green, about as far from Cuba as is imaginable.
https://www.soundonsound.com/people/jerry-boys-livingston-studios

Proves that all you need to make the greatest World Music record of all time (50m sold apparently) is a tape recorder, a few mic’s and a spanner.

With laser measurers at $20 I find it’s much easier to ‘find my marks’ than marks on the floor.

1 Like

The marks on the floor make it much easier to repeatedly place my speakers in their best location without having to measure anything.

For laser measurements, this is the one I use.

2 Likes

i have tape, but ANY use of lasers is cool, so i may get one anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I like this unit as well. Highly accurate, small, easy to use, and automatic hold of the last measurement. Great little unit.

1 Like

About a year ago, I heard some La Scala’s powered by a flea watt First Watt F7 amp.
That was an unforgettable experience.
Sadly, they’re way too big for my space.

2 Likes

How much space ya need?

Llano estacado, Texas canyonlands

2 Likes

I have one in my audio nerd tool box as well. Great device/comes in handy often.

1 Like

That’s a start, a good one, but not a great one. :laughing:

2 Likes

I heard some magical sound out of a two watt amp in the Decware listening shrine. It was unique in that I don’t think it can be equaled in any other room, same gear…

As you know, there’s only one way to know. Ya know?
And everybody needs some tubes once in a while.

1 Like

I’ve heard that from others. You got me real curious. Gonna have to give it a try.

1 Like

Decware is a magical place. I hope to get there again!

Matt bought the tubes and the magic speakers and put them in his room. It was not the same, no.
At the time Matt had BHK amps and Preamp. Now he has no tubes. Weird.

I want tubes, but maybe after I get a proper Farad power supply and a

1 Like

Think of it this way: The basic Decware costs less than the shipping on most of your stuff.

1 Like

Dewd, I know these things. I’ve been there man.

2 Likes

Aha! Which speakers, do you recall a preference upon your audition? My struggle, is speakers wrt to flea watt amplification. :neutral_face:

The HR1 was a speaker I was enamored with. It sounded amazing. But a switch to the Zen Masters showed that they are easily more entertaining. Until he designed the Zen Masters the HR1 were his favorite.

If it wouldn’t involve my death while I sleep I’d bring a pair home. As it stands when my Vivid Spirits arrive I will no doubt be in danger from the wife. She doesn’t appreciate speakers like I do.

3 Likes

Thanks, I have a review forthcoming, so I’ll be silent on my initial impressions.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/decware-the-best-amp-ever-andrew-robinson-seems-to-think-so/23042/115?u=weedeewop

1 Like

Concerning the Klipsch Forte IV, synergy with the BHK 250 is an accurate description. A wonderful pairing…

8 Likes