Akiko Audio

Hello all. I wonder, how many of us are using products from Akiko Audio from the Netherlands? I’m afraid I’ve become a total fanboy and I’m really hoping I’m not the only one! My main system is Innuos Zen - Chord TT2 - Pass Labs INT30A - Focal Kanta 2. My best power cable is a CommonGround, digital cables from AudioQuest and analogue cables from Aurealis.
My suite of Akiko products is…

Corelli power conditioner
Phono Booster (attached to the Innuos)
Triple AC Evolution
E Tuning Gold II
2 x XLR Tuning Sticks
2 x Universal Tuning Sticks
4 x power cables
Loudspeaker Tuning Chips

That seems a long way down the rabbit hole, but every piece I add reduces noise, listening fatigue (now nonexistent) and glare, and gives the system a real sense of ease, dynamic scale and soundstage depth. This collection was acquired mostly on the secondhand market through forums with the other purchases direct from Akiko (although there’s an Australian distributor the product is very thin on the ground).
I’d love to hear about the experiences of others, and I’m especially interested what the Castello ground conditioner is like, as I suspect it’s my next, and probably final, Akiko purchase.

Of course, if anyone wants to sell their Castello…

1 Like

I’ve been curious about a few of their products. Which one made the biggest impact in your system?

Somewhat predictably it’s the Corelli conditioner. However, the Triple AC Evolution is a big chunk of the Corelli’s performance. Having said that, the effect of universal sticks on my speaker cables is always obvious when removed and reinserted. The least effective in this system are the XLR Sticks in the Pass Labs amp, but that might say more about the Pass Labs, because they did really good things in the back of my M700s, to which they’ll probably return.
Importantly, it seems as though the more pieces I add the stronger the result, without it ever tipping into going to far or smothering the system.

1 Like

I have the Phono Booster hooked up to my TT. The d@m#ed thing works. I don’t know how, but it does. A fellow audiophile brought it over one day. I didn’t have a clue what it was (I’d never heard of Akiko to that point). We listened to one of my albums. He did something that I didn’t see (he hooked it up), and he started the same album. It was a WTF moment. Not life changing, but obvious to a well seasoned audiophile. He disconnected it and it was a “what happened? it doesn’t sound as good” change. I’m looking to try more of their stuff, but I’m in the middle of room acoustic treatments and waiting for the MkII right now.

1 Like

Link to Akiko Audio

1 Like