Akiko Audio Corelli passive power conditioner

I’m having the pleasure of using the Akiko Corelli passive power conditioner in my system. What a revelation! Costs less than any component I use and has a big a contribution to listening joy.
After some months of being impressed by the smaller “Stick” range, I took the plunge on the Corelli and it was worth it.
Anyone else here familiar with Akiko products who can share experiences?

1 Like

Can you tell me more about it (in SQ)?
What is the technology behind it?

Did you already try a P20/P15 to compare to?

No, I haven’t. And now I most probably won’t. The Corelli is about $2900 Australian, and the P20 $17,000. While my in-store demo of a P20 was deeply impressive, the Corelli has achieved something almost as impressive. I’m quite shocked at its effectiveness.

2 Likes

The noise floor has vanished and the top end is incredibly smooth. It’s so much easier to hear detail now, and dynamics have become more immediate (slam) but also more subtle within phrases. The soundstage feels more “right” and textures and colours are more vivid. It’s also subjectively warmer AND more detailed at the same time. I’m going to need to reposition my speakers such is the increase in bass weight. An upper midrange and low treble glare I didn’t know was there is now noticeable for its absence.
The dreaded cliche of “more analogue” is apt here. The reduction in fatigue in long term listening is quite something.
How does it work? RFI/EMI absorbing materials. Here’s a link…

They also publish measurements on their website. I was confident it would do “something”, but I was genuinely surprised just how much. Jeff Dorgay’s short review over at Tone sims it up pretty well.

3 Likes

I have tried two Akiko Tuning Sticks recently. One is an XLR Mk III stick, and one is a USB stick.

They work as advertised. First, I use the XLR male connecting to the preamp, here I hear a tidy smoother sound, but it limits the dynamic a bit at the same time too. Then I tried the USB stick on my streamer, and I like the result better because it has a bigger improvement.

My system has P15, cables with excellent shielding, and bundle tweaks to reduce noise floor so I did not experience a quieter background. But they should work better in many systems.

I decided to keep the USB and to sell the XLR stick.

3 Likes

I have been intrigued by the Corelli since seeing it advertised here in the states. It is competitively priced and, despite the many adherents of active devices like regenerators (myself included), I am attracted by the inherently simpler and less intrusive nature of passive conditioners and wouldn’t hesitate investing in a passive conditioner proven to work well. Particularly with highly sensitive, low level components like phono stages. Have you by chance tried it with analog phono? That would really have my interest piqued.

1 Like

Like Owlsalum, I too have been interested in the Corelli and Aikiko’s other products after reading reviews. I know passive conditioners can have profoundly positive effects on one’s system as I use four of High Fidelity Cables passive magnetic conditioners (2 x MC.05, MC.05+Helix, and MC1 PRO) and I couldn’t imagine being without them after hearing their positive effects. Their positive effects are additive to all the good things my PS Audio Stellar P3 regenerator does for my front end. The main problem for me would be finding another outlet to use. :smile:

1 Like

Akiko offers a money back guarantee for its products. I assume the US distributor does as well? What have got to lose but a little postage money? I’d be interested to see if it could improve a system already fed by a P15.

1 Like

I’ve not tried it with a phonostage, as I got out of vinyl about six months ago. I’m the Corelli will make its way to my friends’ houses before too long though, where it’s impact on vinyl will be heard. I love taking gear on a little road trip!

1 Like

I use a Corelli along with a P20 in my system.
It runs off a power socket besides where my P20 runs from.
The two devices are not incompatible.
The Corelli definitely lowers the noise floor of the system.
Indispensable, I wouldn’t be without it.

3 Likes