ALAC 24bit 96khz ???

Hello,

when the DAC will be able to decode Alac 24 bit ?

Regards,

Fabio

No 16 bit only. You can transcode it with elyric or some other program that will transcode.

Or convert it to flac.

Well,

my itunes lib is all in alac…full with cover album etc…

i am trying to find a prog for transcoding directly from my nas LACIE 5big pro, but i am not an expert of Minim Server configs…

Fabio

No 16 bit only. You can transcode it with elyric or some other program that will transcode.

With e-lyrics transcoding i cannot display cover art, even if i have to admit it....wav file into bridge sound much better than alac or flac...

thx

F.

Fabio, as I mentioned in the other thread, Wavestream (if they ever get it to work reliably) should eliminate the problem playing ALAC files. However, cover art does not currently work under Wavestream with any program and I believe the plan (which may have changed) was to try to get it to work with JRiver Media Center but not other programs so it is unlikely you would get cover art using Wavestream with iTunes even once Wavestream reaches the release stage. (I’m aso a Mac guy when I have a choice but for now I am using foobar2000 on an old Windows machine–no cover art but it generally works well and plays gapless, even at 192/24.)

I used to play with Fidelia controller/App before PWD and it was great…

i will try again going back to use it and see what happen

F.

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/fidelia/

Fidelia Interface

Attached files