Any M1200 reviews due

Sweet! Next year for me.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Baldy!

Thanks! Did I ever think I would be an old man? No but so far so good. :smile:

Birthdays are a celebration of completing a stage and moving on to the next. I hope the future carries the best for you. :muscle:t2: be strong and optimistic.

1 Like

Hi,
Contact me if you are interested in my Silver pair of M1200 mono amps bought factory direct in July of this year.
ONLY (and I mean ONLY) reason for selling is I found the deal of a lifetime on a pair of Class “A” Valvet A4e dealer demos as young as my M1200’s.
I have not listed my M1200’s yet so let me know either way asap please.
Thanks,
Tom - NJ

Happy birthday, Baldy!

@twablt I would consider the offer except everything I have is black and if I don’t like them for any particular reason I wouldn’t want to keep them. With that in mind I will probably get a set from PSA direct for the 30 day trial when I get back to that experiment.
You should’nt have any trouble selling them though.
Thanks for the offer!

Thanks Mike! I’m not used to this many well wishes on my birthday!

Despite what it might look like, the world is filled with kindness.

5 Likes

No problemo !

1 Like

Agreed. For most people it’s a lot easier to be peaceful and happy than discontent and mean. I have always found that being openly kind and thoughtful of your actions tends to pay dividends in the future. There are always a few trying to ruin the day though.

1 Like

Happy Birthday wish, my 2nd today for you :older_adult:. I haven’t looked to see what you posted on What’s Spinning Now. Have you posted any special birthday songs?

Nothing particular but I did play War “The World is a Ghetto” album through a few times today. It’s an old favorite with some good memories attached.

1 Like

Brother you are hitting a soft spot in my heart. I always danced to War; they were magical. I will spin it right now for you.

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine!

2 Likes

" Spill The Wine…"
My all time favorite of theirs.

1 Like

Low Rider is another favorite

Always enjoyed their stuff as well, and a while back found a copy of their Greatest Hits on vinyl for a couple of bucks that was in good shape. The bonus was when I got it home and found that the SQ of the recordings and the disc were great! That was one of those bin-diving wins.

4 Likes

I saw WAR in concert in the early 70’s and again in their reformed group a few years ago. Always great sound and music!

War is great, brings back a lot of memories!! Also, another one of my favorites from that era, Tower of Power!

Part of the original question was about what else to consider. I’m curious for those with the M1200s whether they considered the BHK Stereo amplifier and why they chose the M1200s. I see that the M1200s output twice as much power, but I don’t know how I’d possibly use the 300W into 8 ohms from the BHK. I listen at low volumes. I’m not half using the output power from my Ayre AX-7e, which is rated for 60W.

How does the sound of the BHK compare to the M1200s? A new amp is on my wish list for next year. So, I’d like to hear about this.