Any owners run a pair of Olympicas 3 or novas?

I had the older Olympica II model. Wonderful allrounder, very musical. 1 meter off the wall almost full toe in let to an excellent soundstage. With the directstream dac (lumin mini in) I still had a slight harshness though in some recordings, I could not get rid of. Stumbled upon second hand Sonus Faber Serafino’s (jumped over the Olympica Nova’s so to speak) and I got a whole different level of quality. I always thought that I should modify the dac first (or worse: start entering the dark woods of cable jungle). Have the Edcors in house… But, with the Serafino’s everything is more than excellent. Everything sounds disconnected from the individual speakers, floating in my room. So enjoyable. Much more detail, superb voices and long listening sessions. Maybe for the new price of Olympica Nova 3’s you could get second hand Serafino’s…

And: of course the Edcors will be used. The game never ends as your whole world depends on the turn on of a friendly sound!

2 Likes

Time to chill and spin your favorite music on your very fine speakers, what ever they may be. Yes, having heard the Olympica IIIs and the Nova IIIs I admit the Nova IIIs are special.

1 Like

Yes indeed, the Serafino’s are more refined, and a significant step up from the Olympica or Nova series, but at a price.

I have the Olympica Nova III since last November and I’m very happy. They came after Dynaudio Evoke 50. I noticed a real improvement in soundstage and realism along with bass range more vivid.

3 Likes

I have had Olympica Nova V’s (with matching center) for about 2 years now.

They are powered by a pair of BHK 300’s. Center with SimAudio amp.

They paint a fantastic image and I love them dearly. I moved from ML 13A’s to these as the wife wanted to work with an interior designer. Luckily they sound just as good as they look. I have them mated with a pair of REL S/510’s and I do think a sub is necessary, even with the V model.

Having said that, I always wonder about other speakers. These could be my forever speaker, but I doubt it.