Any Qobuz fans?

Same here - only my memory ain’t what it used to be. That does bring back a memory of my former college roommate who DJ’d on the college station back then who invited me to bring in a pile of ECM to spin once. Ah! The carefree pre-digital days!

1 Like

Spin as in Ralph Towner and Egberto Gismonti, or Art Ensemble of Chicago and Leo Smith, or maybe Keith Jarrett. And then there was:

1 Like

Just received this from qobuz:

New Pricing

Qobuz has always been an advocate for high quality sound. Today our prices and offers are evolving to make the Qobuz music listening experience even more accessible.

The cost of your Studio Premier subscription has changed to $129.99/year .

This change will take effect on your next renewal date, November 8, 2021 . Your subscription details will be updated simultaneously in your account.

2 Likes

What was the old pricing?
I’m a subscriber to the Studio Premier plan and pay once a year, but can’t remember how much I paid…

You may wish to refer to the fans of Qobuz thread, which announces the change as well.

Any fans of Qobuz?

Pretty sure that’s this thread, weed.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Threadception

1 Like

I just moved it over and closed the duplicate thread. Weedee was absolutely correct when he posted before I scooted everything to here.

Sorry for the post whiplash.

No worries - lotta whiplash happening this am!

2 Likes

I switched over to the annual Studio Premier in July and paid $149.99 (US). That plan is now (I think) $129.99.

At those prices the Innuos should be incredible versus a BlueSound.

When I switched over to the Studio Premier plan and paid the annual charge of 129.99, I was paying a monthly of 14.99 (annual = 179.88). On top of that savings, Qobuz gave me a $7 credit. Sweet!

1 Like

It’s a value proposition. The BlueSound is very good for what it does at its price.

I have a Bluesound and I agree it is very good considering the cost. I was really alluding to the Innuos; at that cost it should be miles better than the Bluesound. Is it ?

I do use Roon and in that combination Tidal was set for the first few years. Before that, I already had a Qobuz subscription for a year or two, but switched to Tidal because of the missing Roon integration. From a music experience, this was a step down, because Tidal was more focused on Pop, Hip-Hop or in general Hit-music played on popular radio stations. For years, I was begging Qobuz to partner with Roon and to provide a proper Roon integration. When it finally became available, the switch back to Qobuz was a no-brainer. I always felt that Qobuz is run by music enthusiasts and I really love their editorial service. That’s for me the main benefit. Their focus is quality and as a result Qobuz is highlighting tons of great quality recordings. And this is what matters for me, when running a HiFi system. It’s just difficult to find good recordings, which make your hairs stand-up.

3 Likes

thx Craig