Any readers here? Whatcha reading right now?

What are your waiting for ? LOL

:slight_smile:

I read a lot, but one at time. It is in my queue.

1 Like

also got this recently from ebay, when i was 12 these books were very common at jumble sales etc.
got myself a copy to remind myself how awful they were (a bit of short story horror nostalgia :slight_smile: )

it’s in better nick than my original copies were!

1 Like

1 Like

Got a significant boot out of this. The guy is very clever, weaving a taut police procedural with a sci-fi-ish concept. Without being particularly sci-fi.

1 Like

2 Likes

I caught “The Invisible Man” on TV the other night. I hadn’t seen it (no pun intended) since I was a kid in the '60s, and it prompted me to read the original novella, so right now I’m on a one-volume collection of 4 Wells works: The Invisible Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Time Machine, and War of the Worlds.

5 Likes

this just arrived today a fiver including postage all the way from america, lovely old library edition again :slight_smile:
i’m enjoying reading some sci fi, it’s been a few years but this year i’ve really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Audio Research is in my future. I bought this to catch up on it:

1 Like

1 Like

That looks very interesting

1 Like

I assume there will be dozens of books just like this over the next 1-5 years.

1 Like

A once in a century pandemic is fertile ground and we’ll see the topic approached and analyzed from a good deal of perspectives.

1 Like

Yeah, Monday morning quarterbacking is fun. We do need to evaluate how it was handled and learn from it if possible. People forget this virus was novel. We didn’t know a lot about it early on and had to make adjustments on the fly. That is a challenge for government agencies, or people in general as well. The fact that we have multiple vaccines that are 90+% effective is a modern miracle of science and technology.

3 Likes