Any readers here? Whatcha reading right now?

Oh, absolutely. Hitchens was always an excellent read. A great loss. I truly wish he was around to dissect the woke-ification of Western society.

Mike in Dayton

2 Likes

Actually I like the moniker.
Names can be the start of a lifetime of conversations.
I once had a girlfriend named Dorothy. Her family called her Dot. Can you imagine?

And thanks for the tips! I just got a new (wonderful) reading lamp. (thanks @aangen)

1 Like

My son graduated this weekend and I saw he had this school-provided LED lamp that did multiple light temperatures and also had a Qi charger on it. I may get one myself. LEDs offer so many new possibilities…

This thing is da bomb. TaoTronics somethingerother.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: on Royko, it may be partially due to my Chicago roots. Started with Royko’s Boss from the 70’s.

1 Like

Factfulness: Ten Reasons We’re Wrong About the World–and Why Things Are Better Than You Think https://g.co/kgs/V5tiGq

A good read that summarizes how we can become biased by data placed out of context and many other things.

1 Like

My dad was 101st Airborne, 502nd & was in Bastogne with McAuliffe.

2 Likes

Excellent book. Jefferson was a fascinating renaissance man in every sense of the word.
Meacham’s book on Andrew Jackson is equally as interesting.

41ltINUyXFL

Reading it for the third time. Whatever you think about Adam Smith, a treatise that changed the world. I extract more from it with every read.

2 Likes

I just finished Lonesome Dove, which won the 1986 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Read all four in the series during COVID. Masterful to say the least. But I read in release order, which isn’t the chronological story order. Take heed!

Almost immediately re-read in proper order. I liked the guys that much.

The characters are wonderfully fleshed out. I understand getting attached to them.

The New Yorker, cover to cover every week without fail.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Are you enjoying it? Impressed?

just had this passed to me and hugely recommended by all who have read it, i’ll let y’all know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very good book. I am now half way through the sequel “The Committed “ that was recently published. He is a very good writer.

Thank you, I have the book but have not yet read it.