Anybody here tried the Shiit Loki Max equalizer?

That’s a shame if they have not done a decent job - the spec and principle is spot on.

I’ve had my Loki Max for quite a while now. Mine is one of the first ones made as I had been anxiously waiting its release. It has met all my expectations. It allows me to fix balance problems in recordings in a natural and virtually transparent way. I can repair CDs that suffer from that dry sparse bass and bright brittle highs problem that is so common. I find that just a one or two clicks downward with the 6k control can be just the ticket with vinyl that is too hot in the mid highs, that doesn’t respond well to tweaking by adjustment of loading with my Stellar phono stage. Every problem recording can require its own unique combination of adjustments.
Another problem solved is the over warmth that I sometimes hear with the tube stage of my Freya + preamp. One or two minus clicks at 120hz can be all that’s needed.
I consider my Loki Max to be a indispensable tool for my system. I don’t need it often, but when I do, it’s the perfect solution.

4 Likes

Thank you for your insight!!
It helps…

Best wishes

If I were in the market. . . I’d want to check this out:

One item I do find intriguing and wish I could find a handful of reviews of is this Space Tech component:

2 Likes