Anyone uses Furutech NCF Cable Booster or Clear Line with Regenerator?

Has anyone use Furutech’s NCF Cable Booster or Clear Line with their Regenerator? Where along the power-line path have you used it? For the Power Plant’s power cable at the wall end or regenerator end? For the amplifier’s power cable at either ends?

What about plugging in one of the Clear Line into an unused socket like the picture below for another box?

Here’s a review on this interesting tech. They’re not just cable lifters. The NCF tech is very intriguing. Here’s a review on the NCF Cable Booster:

Furutech Booster Review

And a review on the NCF Clear Line:

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/furutech10/

The Clear line AC Optimizer looks interesting, and the price is right.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0621/Furutech_NCF_Clear_Line_AC_Power_Line_Optimizer_Review.htm

1 Like

My PS Audio transport and DAC are powered from an IsoTek EVO3 Genesis One mains generator and my power amp is powered from an IsoTek EVO3 mains conditioner. Last month out of curiosity I purchased a Furutech Clear Line but cannot hear any change in audio quality when plugging/unplugging the device. I plugged it into the (unused) socket on my double wall socket feeding my entire system and an unused socket on my Furutech 4-way power distributor but no change. I suspect the IsoTek regenerator and conditioner aren’t leaving much ‘rubbish’ for the Clear Line to clean up.

If you read the Marc Philips PTA review carefully, at no point does he say that he directly A/B’d the Clear, i.e., plug in, unplug. The text says he was working from memory, separated by days (and the after effects of a covid shot), claiming to know his system. When I wrote him about the lack of direct comparison, he didn’t deny it.

Unused outlets aren’t in abundance in my audio system and tweaks of that nature have to be really effective for me to give up an outlet. The reviews and user reports of the NCF conditioner I’ve seen tend to be in the lukewarm category of praise. On the other hand, High Fidelity Cables similarly shaped magnetic power conditioners have received universal high praise from users and reviewers. I’ve purchased the original MC 0.5 and a MC 1 Pro and completely concur with the positive reviews.

1 Like

I am trying out the Clear Line in my system which has the P15.

I’ve been using the Venom “Defender” with the system and been happy with it, but wanted to see what this Furutech would do. I put it in the same outlet as the AC-12 feeding my P15, in place of the Defender I have been using there. Well. . . it did make an audible difference. The soundstage was a bit more defined with depth, just a bit, and the bass became tighter, shifting the overall tonal balance a hair. After about a week I missed the tonal balance I had before and I replaced the Defender in that spot and enjoyed a bit more body to the sound. But I moved the Clear Line to the P15 itself, in the only unused outlet in the regenerator, which it shares with my Decware ZROCK2 (which is in a way the center of the signal path of my system). Perhaps I’m just fooling myself but I do seem to hear that soundstage depth and a touch more of soundstage precision with the Clear Line in that place, but retaining the tonal balance that I preferred. So a win. (I’m much more of a tonal accuracy over soundstage guy, so if I had to give up one of these it would not be the Defender, but I think I’ll keep them both.)