Anyone with experience with Modwright?

Hi Folks-

Considering a KWH 225i amp. I like the hybrid concept. I have a little bit of edge on my new system and wondering if this would be a great amp choice. Anyone own one or one similar?

Comparison with Mac and Pass?

Thank for any input!

Have a great day…

I don’t have any experience with their own products, but over the years my brother and I have both had DACs from other manufacturers that Modwright had, well, modded, and we were both very happy with them.

1 Like

It’s gotten great reviews and Dan, who started out as a professional modder year ago, builds quality products.

2 Likes

I accidentally saw a picture of a Modwright preamp.

Doesn’t a toroidal transformer radiate in axial direction (here into the cirquit)?

A friend who has an all-MW setup said

Over the past 5 years, I have purchased a number of ModWright product that have proven to be excellent and a good value. The ones I have are the:

KWA 150SE amp (www.modwright.com/products/kwa-150-signature-edition.php) ,
the LS300 pre-amp (www.modwright.com/products/ls300-balanced-tube-preamplifier.php),
and the PH 9.0X ( (www.modwright.com/cms/resources/1611595991modwrightph9.0xexplanationofupgradebenefits.pdfZ)

NOS tubes in the pre-amp and phono stage greatly enhance the sound. The overall sound of the tube front end with the solid state amp. Is balanced, detailed, and has an excellent sound stage.

/Jon

Toroidal transformers are generally very good at containing magnetic fields in the ferrite torus as shown below: