Anything minimalistic instrumental or electronic ambient soundscapes?

Hello PS/Octave crew!

I’m a fan of the Paul’s episodes and I’d like to try some of the Octave’s releases just to feel how my sound system handles them.

Can you please help me identify which of the releases by Octave are closes to any of the following descriptions:

• instrumental acoustic or electronic with minimum amount of instruments/sounds playing at once

• ambient soundscapes (perhaps created by analogue synthesizers)

• guitar solos like these from the 80s

• dub

Thanks and greetings from Tallinn, Estonia.
Rando

1 Like

You don’t have to depend on us. Go to the Octave Records page from the PSA home page. Click on any album that piques your interest. Scoll down far enough and you’ll find you can sample the offering on-line. Have fun exploring. Oh, and welcome! Wonder if moderator Sir Elk keeps a list of countries the community represents. It’s gotta be long. Add Estonia.

3 Likes

Welcome @Rando!

1 Like

Hey Rando,

Here are my suggestions for the categories you provided:

• instrumental acoustic or electronic with minimum amount of instruments/sounds playing at once
    Don Grunion - Out of Thin Air
    Zuill Bailey - Bach Cello Suites

• ambient soundscapes (perhaps created by analogue synthesizers)
    We don’t have much of this yet, the only one I can think of is on Art of HiFi: Bass, Take What You Need played by Kimberly and DJ Sparr

• guitar solos like these from the 80s
    Augustus - Ragtime World

No dub :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the advice! I now found the section where I can listen to the samples - I’ll do some exploration!

Thanks again.
Rando

1 Like