Audioquest Dragon Thread

You are confused, Not!!! Your system just likes this cable like many other systems with high resolutions, mine included.

Cable as Component of the Year.

1 Like

It’s on my desktop system which is modest. Can’t wait for a chance to plug it into something on my real system. It will probably have to wait for the MKII DAC which will be released no later than May 1, 2021.

4 Likes

I can only speak for the Dragon 48 because I don’t have experience (unfortunately) with the other Dragon products with that said I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Dragon 48 was named the Component of the Year by some media outlet its that good!

1 Like

Almost 2 weeks for me. I heard the difference between the RAL right away. Greater space between instruments, sonic details were more prominent, and yes treble edginess at the beginning but that edginess will be gone soon! I’ll be looking for the Firebird on the marketplace soon! Enjoy and welcome to the club!

2 Likes

When I was a youngster I’d look forward to getting the Sears, JC Penny, and Montgomery Ward Christmas wish book catalog. My adult equivalent arrived today.

Look what what I found on page 205! A new chapter in the Dragon Saga!!

Looks like the Mythical Creature analog interconnects are real! $11,900 for 1m Dragon XLR! God I hope that’s for a pair! :man_facepalming:t2:

The dragon 48 looks like a bargain now!

3 Likes

I am out on those even at TMR prices. Iconoclast UPOCC Or Galen’s next top secret cable is likely for me. I will buy electronics at that price.

1 Like

Yeah but Galen doesn’t make cables constructed with real human bone!

2 Likes

@aangen I’m thinking these contain stem cells from circumsized inner womb of the first born male foreskins from an immaculate conception for pure double virgin dielectric properties guaranteed.

4 Likes

They are working on the new line of interconnects though; I am afraid now they are going to double the prices because they sound ten times better.

1 Like

Or from Mythical Creatures! Tho he is a genius and gave me the correct advice on setting up my speakers!

2 Likes

For what they charge, I’m pretty sure AQ makes their cable from dragon bones. I’m looking forward to their new Dragon USB cable. A upgrade of that cable would be nice.

1 Like

That was my thought too, when I read the China post.

1 Like

The USB cable would be fantastic if it matches the HDMI performance!

1 Like

I had great fun over the last 4 hours during my two listening sessions with my new Dragon 48. Two years ago I checked a WW Platinum against my Nordost Heimdal 2 at that time. Puuh; WW had too much treble nervosity and was too bright for me. I felt it bright not clear. So I sent it back. Perhaps I had not waited long enough for break-in. But I was not feeling comfortable with the Platinum, especially with Sitar Music. Or let’s say with every music which has difficult very high overtones being part of it. I ordered at that time Valhalla 2 …

But now: I’m feeling very comfortable with Dragon 48, just out of the box. Well, o.k, the midband could be a little more open and it is a little nervous. BUT: The musical flow and the resolution is really VERY, VERY GOOD. Same league as Valhalla 2. But more ease. I will continue my sessions this afternoon …

5 Likes

$11,900??

Woe unto the first person who snags a pair and proceeds to tell us all how incredibly good they sound. Doing so would cost a lot of people a lot of cash.

1 Like

It will really take 400 hours plus for your Dragon HDMI to get a natural and calm ease to it. Don’t be surprised during the first couple of days to experience some times where your not feeling it no matter the song. It is best to keep playing it around the clock. Then every time you turn it on its a new reward.

I still feel with the Dragon cords every song feels like a new discovery even songs previously heard 10s or 100s of times its a new take or subtle or not so subtle nuance coming out.

4 Likes

One of its foremost qualities is (just after 6 hours of playing it): Ease with Flow and Resolution. Very natural. I’ll keep on listening …

5 Likes

I was looking at the picture of the Dragon interconnects they appear to be 3 cables in one like a mini Dragon power cable! Should be a fantastic cable and yes I know it’s expensive!

2 Likes

I’ve been following this thread for some time now, whilst listening to my Matrix via the RAL HDMI… can’t resist the lure, so I’m jumping on board and will purchase a Dragon 48. I’m told there’s a 4 - 8 week lead time (for Australia). I’ll let you know my impressions after it arrives.

8 Likes