Best HDMI Cable: Dragon 48. v. Nordost Valhalla

Hi all,
Yes I did search before posting. I think the answer is everyone loves the Dragon 48. I have a Dragon and Nordost Valhalla coming in for a home demo. Does anyone have any thoughts to share before I start my home trial? Expected winner? Personal opinion of either? Personal experience?

I currently have a Wegryzn solid silver cable that OPENED my eyes and ears. The difference over my Heimdall 2 is astounding! I cant imagine the AQ beating this!

1 Like

Sure, I will put my money on Dragon 48, I love it on PST!

1 Like

Don’t let others’ opinions influence what you hear.

3 Likes

I was told at Axpona this weekend by the worlds leading cable tester that Dragons are JuNk.
Who knew?

So what did the cable tester recommend?

Inakustik.

Interestingly I have heard a lot of good things about Inakustic recently.

1 Like

They ask a fortune for inakustik pure silver cables.

From the importer on there latest USB silver cable.

Hi,

we currently deal with a multitude of billionaires. This is where this cable has been going and I believe it will be at the Munich show in a month or so. Sorry but if you’re only purchasing one cable then there is no discounting on Inakustik cables but you do get free shipping, no duty, no taxes.

I am thinking Al must have talked to the same guy that called Dragons junk.

1 Like

Wisdom is worth repeating.

2 Likes

I question the need for an HDMI cable in the first place.

1 Like

My HDMI dragon now streams movies to the HT Processor sounds better than WWPS.

2 Likes

What’s the source to the HT Processor?

BTW - I do understand the need for HDMI with HT. I have my own rabbit hole with that rig.

Apple TV 4 tweaked with 3M absorber over the Chips.

1 Like

One of my sources is a Nvidia Shield Pro. It’s shockingly good. It took a little doing but I made my own cable and power it from an LPS. They use a proprietary cable so I had to buy a second cable and cannibalize it. A very noticeable difference with audio and video.

If Shunyata makes a Omega HDMI cable I will get one. I would not call Dragon48 HDMI “junk”, but Omega is in a different league from my own experience from owning both.

1 Like

I use a AQ Coffee HDMI for HT. I briefly compared it to the Firebird48, and found that I enjoyed the movie just as much as any other time. I promptly sold the Firebird to someone that really needs it for audio!

I was running the Dragon HDMI on the Bacc4Mac. The picture was much better than the WWPS so I moved dragon to Apple TV that is easier to Navigate streaming apps.

1 Like

I compared Dragon to a cinnamon 48 left at our Ranch. The WWPS and Dragon were leaps and bounds better. It is now on my work computer monitor.

2 Likes

I am using a Vodka that I picked up for 50% off. It replaced a freebie Cinnamon from a friend. I did notice a difference in video and audio, but not massive. Certainly not anything I would have done otherwise at 3.5x the retail cost of the Shield.

2 Likes