Audioquest HDMI as I2S Cables

Does anyone have any experience using the various incarnations of Audioquest HDMI cables for the I2S connection between the Memory Wave transport and the DSD? I am currently using the Audioquest Vodka which sounds very good to my ears. I have a 1m length of Audioquest Coffee on order that I am going to compare it with.

I heard the two in someone else’s PS Audio based system and the more expensive Coffee was not a clear winner. Granted the Coffee was not fully broken in and the Vodka was but the presentation was very different; the Vodka was upfront and dynamic, the Coffee smoother and maybe more mid-hall. Similar to the differences I heard when I auditioned the BHK Preamp against the Krell Illlusion 2. They were both very good but the BHK was more alive and close up. The Krell was very continuous but I wasn’t in love with it’s mid-hall presentation so I bought the BHK.

Getting a little off-track…I wondered if anyone had any experiences with the different flavors of all the Audioquest cables on up to the Diamond.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the DS (DirectStream)?

Yes.

I assumed the Audioquest Coffee would be an improvement over the Audioquest Vodka but that’s not the case. I don’t know if it’s that DBS module (provides constant voltage to the dielectric) that’s the cause but I switched back to the Vodka a few minutes ago.

I guess I can use the Coffee in my video system if need be.