Auric Illuminator CD treatment…..I think this stuff works

I was skeptical at first but every CD I’ve used it on seems to sound better. My experience maps on to that of the commercial reviews: increased resolution, greater ease, enhanced transparency. I also notice there is greater depth to the soundstage. But why?

Paul cited his theory of why these things might work: they make it easier for the transport to read the disk resulting in less jitter, and less stress on the power supply.

I conducted a kind of test of his theory. I have the Pierre Verany Test CD which includes a test of a player’s ability to correct for drop outs. It has 13 tracks of increasing size. My Ayon CD-35 can track them all. I played the tracks again to make sure it can play all tracks. It can but there was popping sounds on the two largest drop-outs. I applied the Auric treatment and replayed the tracks. The popping noises were gone and the tone was as smooth as on the smallest drop outs.

I should add that I don’t paint the edges of the CDs and I don’t treat the label side. I have a Carbon Fiber CD Stabilizer Tuning Mat.

I found it important to make sure the treatment is completely dry before buffing it off.

Paul also said that such treatments will probably not work on PS Audio players with the Digital Lens.

Have you tried in on burned CD? I wonder if you will get a double whammy of improvement?

I’m really old school. I don’t have burned in disks.

Define/describe “better”. Please.

I’ve noticed the same thing with this product.

How can you not love the names?

The black pen in step one is very similar to a green pen treatment marketed 25-30 year ago, stating that it reduced reflections of the red laser and that decreased reading errors and jitter. It worked. I might try this out to see how it compares.

Be sure to apply it counterclockwise.

3 Likes

A I said “My experience maps on to that of the commercial reviews: increased resolution, greater ease, enhanced transparency. I also notice there is greater depth to the soundstage.”