Axpona 2018

Yet another new product. I wish they devoted more of the total effort to fixing old products to make them work properly before inventing new products. How many new products have been released since DMP, yet DMP still doesn’t work properly?

1 Like

Well, they gotta make some money to pay for the new coder they had to hire… ; )

Was that new coder working on new products, or fixing old products?

The guy who wrote the code for the DMP was canned, and a new one hired, and they then discovered how bad it was and had to pretty much start over. I think it’s his main focus, but I’m not sure.

Hopefully it’s not consigned to the “too hard” basket.

Since installing 2.8 O/S my DMP works really well - more importantly sounds better - I never tried 2.6 so I can’t comment on that O/S. Personally speaking, the only time I experience problems with the original O/S was with the CAT cable connected. And from my perspective if the DMP functioned at 100% I still wouldn’t connect the CAT cable! But that is just me, and I can fully understand the frustrations of others who expect the DMP to do everything they paid for - function faultlessly without fail… If something catastrophic was to happen to my DMP I would still buy another DMP… It is such a joyous musical instrument !

I used an Oppo 103 / Vanity ( still use it for music DVDs ) before the DMP and the Oppo machine functioned perfectly - flawlessly every time - ‘but musically’ …it’s not remotely close to the DMP.

I know this has been done to death on other threads: – but if my DMP arrived in the broken condition your one arrived in I would have demanded from my dealer a new DMP or my money back. But then again my dealer would do that for me without a second thought…

Back on track, I do like the photos taken at the show…

1 Like

They two aren’t related, Brodric. We have multiple teams. Hardware isn’t involved in software.

Hey Elk - kick these DMP bums over to their Forum! :dizzy_face:

More from Axpona: MSB and YG’s:

IMG_3965

Zesto Audio/Marten

The new Sprout 100

IMG_3949

I’m really enjoying seeing all the pics of the various setups. Thank you!

I agree, cracking photos !

What’s the difference between Vinyl and Analog?

For Vinyl, read: “Phono”.

Never was able to get seat in the Harbeth room, but on one of several visits I got to lean on the counter (you had to be there to understand)! I will say the sound was amazing for being so far off axis.

What room had Sprout II? The PS Audio room only had the original Sprout.

This one pictured above from the PS room is (or represents) PS’s version of the Massdrop Sprout II, called the 100, no blackface at this point. Same internally.

Thanks. What plugs into analog?

Line level anything. It’s kind of a modernization of “Line Input” and “Phono Input” that makes more sense to “the kids”

1 Like

Ok, I get it now. Thanks.