Axpona 2021 exhibitor list

I just looked at the list of exhibitors for the October Axpona 2021 show and it looks decent. Definitely better than I expected!

1 Like

I changed my mind and I am going. My audio guru is based out of Chicago and he acts like a host for the event. Hopefully I’ll get to meet important people who think big expensive thoughts. LOL

3 Likes

Yes I noticed Kyomi Audio on the list. AKA @aangen outfitters! I’ll be there it’s only 40 minutes from my house. I’m not important but I always have expensive thoughts! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I hope to meet you!!!

1 Like

I’ll be there too.

2 Likes

I have a wedding in CO to attend to that weekend, but was thinking of making a day trip out to join some friends. We’ll see…

2 Likes

We will develop a plan to meet and spend some time together. I bought a three day pass, I doubt I’ll need three days to see all there is to see.

2 Likes

Thanks for listing the show lineup. It’s an easy get-to for me and I will probably do a day or two.
I might even fly out to RMAF given PSA will not be in Chicago but I guess a factory visit would do
the trick as well. Talking with like-minded audio dudes would be a treat. I got caught in pleasurable but techno deep conversation with Ted and Galen last Axpona. Like Homer Simpson said, “it’s back to
stupid reality again.”

2 Likes

How many seconds was it before you had no idea what they were talking about? For me, it’s maybe ten. Especially if it is the two of them.:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

It was a short time for sure but both of these guys, as you know, are very relatable
quiet knights in search of the holy grail.

2 Likes

A day trip to Chi-town from CO? Ouch. You mean RMIAF?

Mads Buchardt told me that Buchardt Audio (I think he personally) will be going there.

Mads might be personally there, provided:

• US officials have decide that his visit is strategically important, because of the Buchardt US distribution center)
  • or: the President of the US will finally lift the entry ban for non essential visitors which have been vaccinated.

Wish I could visit Schaumburg again, it is a nice city close to Chicago. Spouses might enjoy the Woodfield Mall.

Sunday lunch in Cheesecake factory in Woodfield Mall:

Still working on loosing weight from travelling, its bad, but it tastes so good.

3 Likes

Being in the Chicago area MOL I may attend AXPONA. It is only an hours drive should I decide to attend. I have been in contact with the event organizers for some time now. Exhibitor list looks decent. Based on how they treated exhibitors in 2020 I will not be purchasing advance tickets. It would have been nice to have PSA attend, but I completely understand. Will need to see how COVID plays out as we get into October. Was planning on an October Colorado trip, that’s off for now. I have been in contact with the RMAF folks, and after the 2019 queue mess on the first morning I am taking a pass. No advantage to arriving early IME, and with potential COVID-19 variant issues I’ll pass the potential line issues and the RMAF event. Maybe 2022.

Maybe those attending AXPONA would like to schedule a meet-up, or some Chicago jazz/blues?

1 Like

Woodfield Mall is 1.4 miles from Axpona.

I’m disappointed PSA won’t be there also. And I also feel bitter towards the way the axpona/covid situation played out! I honestly thought this show would be slim and none for exhibitors. But they are signed up I’m fans of a lot of vendors and I would be going there to support them and enjoy seeing and hearing new products! I realize Axpona screwed up but I feel it’s more important to support the companies there who want to entertain us. I respect anyone’s decision attendee or exhibitor not to be there. I also will be watching pandemic/covid related stuff pertaining to the show. The governor of IL could shut things down in IL including the show. He loves to throw his weight around! If I go I hope to meet as many fellow forum members as I can!

Assuming things go well for Axpona let’s plan a meet-up. Personally support PSA’s decision, and was surprised others did not follow suit. The show does seem rather light on international exhibitors.

1 Like

I had been keeping an eye on AXPONA but will be in Denmark in October. Are there any hifi shops I should visit when I am there?

1 Like

I am may be confused by your question, hifi shops in Denmark or Chicago? When Axpona runs the Chicago area hifi shops, within a 100 mile radius, are spread thin. During the Convention it is not the best time to visit them. I can offer a list of Chicago area shops, but suggest one refrains from visiting in the lead-up to, during or immediately after the Axpona Convention.

1 Like

I meant shops in Denmark. Had been looking at the event in Chicago for some time but was not sure what was happening. I booked flights to Denmark when things opened up. I actually had booked the trip a long time ago, but when COVID hit Denmark closed borders and I got evouchers which I am using for this trip.

2 Likes

Enjoy your trip, me I’m up for few days in Amsterdam myself.

1 Like