PS Audio Name Tags / Meet Up at Axpona

Hey @Paul . This could be a dumb idea but throwing it out anyways. Wondering if the folks at PS Audio could have stickers at Axpona that we could add to our lanyards with our designated forum handle. Would like to meet some other forum members and thinking a PS Audio sticker or some signal would help us identify we each other in the crowd.

No one from PS Audio will be at Axpona this year Matt.

Then it was a very dumb.idea. :slight_smile: I forgot they bailed on this show

1 Like

PS Audio is not participating because the organizers of AXPONA refused to refund fees to vendors in 2020 when the show was cancelled, even though the organizers themselves received full refunds from the hotel, etc.

2 Likes

Great idea. Just no PS peeps to make it happen. Just us forum folks!

1 Like

@Paul said it was due to Covid uncertainty. Said the debacle from 2020 has nothing to do with it. Doesn’t want to risk the health of employees or customers. I respect that. Will miss the new FR30’s would of been great exposure to thousands of audiophiles.

Yes. As Paul stated, “We don’t yet feel comfortable exposing our team to the public.”

The fraud of the organizers must continue to rankle.

2 Likes

Yes. That was sh***y but the show must go on! I’m looking forward to the show 2 years is a long time and it looks like there will be plenty to see! We as forum members should of pitched in and set up our own PS Audio forum fans room! Maybe next year!

1 Like

I will be the one with PS Audio Noise Harvesters as ear rings. Making them blink will be a trick.

7 Likes

I am fine with the reason of disagreeing with the organizers of the show but the safety of employees excuse falls a little flat. Most of the PS Audio employees are living in Colorado, a state that has been pretty wide open with respect to Covid compared to Chicago/Illinois. If you think most of the PS Audio employees are isolated wearing masks I have some sand to sell you in the desert.

2 Likes

Well that’s certainly a good reason not to show up. I would think there be some legal recourse.

I’ll be there …. Paul was very clear a while back he didn’t want anything to do with AXPONA, but it’s quite possible that will temper with time. It is now the biggest show, though how big will be revealed next week. The loss of RMAF was a big blow to PS Audio since it was so close. With the rise of a new variant throws another curveball at large gatherings.

As for Al’s earrings, I’m sure there will be plenty of rooms producing “noise” that should light those beauties up! Hate to say it, but the mbl room would have done it for me in the past, way past loud …

3 Likes

I would think with all high end audio manufacturers here in Colorado, it would be worth their while to form some kind of alliance, and bring RMAF back from the dead.

1 Like

If you look at Paul’s Post here is where I mentioned Axpona’s poor business decision in 2020 and Paul’s response.

1 Like

I know I asked him about this last year and he was clear on his intent. Of course, I can’t find the post, but I did see a few others from him and they were more tempered than I recall. It would be nice to see them in the future, it just won’t be this year.

1 Like

Axpona starts tomorrow! I found the PS Audio forums after Axpona 2019 and I met lots of good friends here. I’ll be there all 3 days I hope and I can’t wait to meet members in person. Let us know if you will be there and maybe we can meet! Take care, stay safe, and enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ll be there at the Friday opening through 6pm Friday followed by a concert in the city Friday evening.

Please close this thread. I am too jealous.

3 Likes

For that I’m going to send you pictures. I have my plan mapped out for the day. My strategy being rooms with lines will be bypassed, stairways versus elevators, and leave the credit cards in the car. :wink:

My intent is to attempt to get a better focus on a digital solution based on what is currently on the market, versus proposed. Should be interesting.

I am also curious regarding the Puritan series of power purifiers. Almost popped for a PSM156, then thought better of it. First priority is to attend to a digital solution.

2 Likes

I’ll be there tomorrow and Sat as well :slight_smile:

1 Like