Bascom H King

What’s Best and Audiogon both reporting that he has passed away. RIP

Edit: More accurate to say there are threads on those forums indicating such, rather than it being more officially “reported,” per se

3 Likes

So sad. RIP. Enjoyed both of his creations, the BHK250 and Pre. He will be missed.

3 Likes

Sad news.

RIP Bascom. Thanks for the aural memories.

2 Likes

I just turned on both a 250 and Pre. I hope he can sense my gratitude.

Thanks Bascom.

6 Likes

Thank you, Bascomb, for your wonderful contributions to our hobby. RIP.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear of the passing of Bascomb King. He brought joy and music to so many. I treasure my BHK preamp and 250 amp. Will remember him whenever I enjoy it.

3 Likes

@Elk Can you confirm this?

I am sorry; I do not have any more information.

I’m checking as well, so far it is news to one who might know. But I’ve not had any firm confirmation or denial.

3 Likes

I’m hoping the report is not accurate. I do thank Bascom for hours and hours of fantastic music production that I enjoy very much!

2 Likes

I cannot cofirm it’s the great designer!

I corresponded with Bascom in the early 80’s when he was a reviewer for Audio magazine. He was very helpful and gave me contact information for a factory upgrade to my Infinity RSIIa speakers (he used the same speakers for his equipment reviews). Today I own his model 300 amps. As a big vintage Infinity nut, his creations are a very large part of my system today.

5 Likes

I saw this and am hoping it’s not him. Bascom’s middle name is Harold (if I remember correctly). I am sure it’s not Holt. Further, I think Bascom’s 82. Hard though to imagine there are two BHK in Santa Barbara. His wife, Nancy, passed a few years ago and I don’t know his daughters’ contact info.

I have called his cell which still answers with his cheerful voice.

Fingers crossed we got it wrong.

14 Likes

If the obituary is real the Birthdate of 4/14/1938 matches what his birthdate is listed online. Like you said. Hard to believe there are more than one Bascom H King. RIP.

1 Like

Thank you, Paul

1 Like

Paul just received word from Bascom’s daughter he did pass Wednesday. :frowning:

6 Likes

That’s sad. I too very much enjoy his magnificent preamp. RIP BHK.

1 Like

Very sorry to read this news. I will cherish my BHK 300’s and Preamp even more than I already do! Rest In Peace Bascom. Your legacy will live on in homes around the world!

5 Likes

So sorry to hear this. It’s been a very difficult couple of months; my close friend, my sweetheart’s mother, who I adored and now someone who I never met but still felt affection for.

3 Likes