Best ANDROID control app for DS

I think it’s good time for a reboot on this. Please Mcguys keep this thread ANDROID only thanks. =;

So far for me, BubbleUPnP is my favorite, it is both reliable and ease to use with PWD.

oll

Linn Kinsky is also good, but not as good a BubbleUPnP,

I’m using BubbleUPNP as well, similar to JRemote and much much better than the Gizmo. No reason to try others for the moment.

$ard

BubbleUPnP is certainly one of the best that I have found. I might even have to buy it… You can’t imagine what that means coming from an inverterate lover of Freeware!

Another one that I just found is UPnP Monkey. It looks very interesting but cannot find my PWD/Bridge. Could some of you try it to see if it is something in my network or something between UPnP Monkey and the Bridge in general. It finds all other UPnP renderers on my network.

J.P.

I think the problem is the uPnP discovery.

The PWD Bridge should identify itself as a renderer more often.

This is probably what happens when you perform the reset function via the PSA web interface.

BubbleUPnP is certainly one of the best that I have found. I might even have to buy it... You can't imagine what that means coming from an inverterate lover of Freeware!

Another one that I just found is UPnP Monkey. It looks very interesting but cannot find my PWD/Bridge. Could some of you try it to see if it is something in my network or something between UPnP Monkey and the Bridge in general. It finds all other UPnP renderers on my network.

J.P.

Same here unable to find PWD with upnp monkey and setings don't help. Back to BubbleUPnP sweet spot.

That’s too bad as UPnP Monkey looks pretty good and is capable of controlling multiple renderers simultaneously.

BubbleUPnP is still the best option that I know of today. It works really well and is mostly intuitive as to how it works.

J.P.

I'm using Audionet aMM (Audionet Music Manager). I like it much better than Bubble or UPnP Monkey. It's definitely a highend control application for all UPnP-server based music systems. Communicates excellent with the bridge (Volume is adjustable).

… just my five cents

Do these UPnP programs only work if you’re using a Bridge?

I’m running Foobar2000, so I’m using “Foobar2000 Controller” which is freeware. The controllers I’ve tried for Foobar are all clunky, this one being the least clunky of the bunch. I happen to like looking through my file-folders for music, and FB2000 controller lets me do that. The only time this sucks, is when the ripped albums are improperly labeled.

Lonely Raven said Do these UPnP programs only work if you're using a Bridge? I'm running Foobar2000, so I'm using "Foobar2000 Controller" which is freeware.
In general, a UPnP controller needs to find a UPnP server and UPnP renderer on the network, so this usually means the Bridge (renderer). I do know that JRiver includes UPnP capabilities (I don't use JR myself) so it might be possible to configure JR to be seen by a control point as both server and "renderer" if sending the music out via USB. JRiver users can perhaps confirm or deny this.

I assume you’ve installed the foo_upnp component. If memory serves, there are upnp-specific control apps for foobar, different from the generic foobar ones. (It was several months ago that I looked into all this.)

I’m not sure if that’s one of the components I added to Foobar. I’ll check tonight when I get home for work. Thanks for the tip!

I’ve found jriver gizmo to be really good. No problem with connectivity for several JRMC releases. I do have a few hiccups but never know whether it’s gizmo or just tablet issues, like it sometimes goes slow or won’t display images. A tablet reboot fixes it though.

I would like a number of feature enhancements and have just posted these on the jriver forum. Perhaps if we give them some encouragement we’ll get the world class JRMC controller we want.

Rolli said
I'm using Audionet aMM (Audionet Music Manager).
Rolli, How do you play more than one track at a time, playlist doesn't seem to ?
Rolli said
I'm using Audionet aMM (Audionet Music Manager).

Tested it and don’t like it, back to Bubble…

I’m with you. I also prefer BubbleUPnP

J.P.