Best expensive tweak?

I received a lot of great knowledge on the “Best inexpensive tweak?” post. I know we all have a lot of expensive tweaks! So hey why not Best expensive tweak? I’ll start it off with the JL Audio CR1! This device is fantastic and it has brought my listening experience to a much higher level. If you are considering one and feel it’s too expensive for a crossover I can confirm it’s worth every penny!

https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/home-audio-subwoofer-crossovers

1 Like

I love my P20 regenerator.

2 Likes

Hanging out here is ultimately very expensive. :grin:

9 Likes

Love my P15,
and…
my Nordost Red Dawn xlr and speaker cables
my Pangea power cables
my fuses (when they don’t blow , ha ha :innocent:)
my whole system…

2 Likes

Rega RP10 with Aphelion 2 cartridge. Worth every penny (lots of those) at least for a vinyl head like me.
EDIT: I guess not technically a “tweak” so maybe just the new cartridge?

4 Likes

WW Platinum HDMI
RAL HDMI (if you want to put up with the process. I was lucky, bought mine secondhand from RonP)

2 Likes

I guess using a pair of P20’s as amp stands for my BHK 300’s is right up there. Also being part of the $1000.00 apiece USB and HDMI cable club is close.

3 Likes

P20 amp stands is definitely right at the top of the tweak list for BHK 300’s if not totally bad ass! I hope to get there sometime soon! The BHK 300’s and maybe one P20. I already have the amp stands for my m700’s and they are eager to have their big brothers to replace them!

1 Like

I’ll add my to my list

AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
AQ Thunderbird speaker cable
Matrix Spdif and sbooster to my list.

I thought I was done when I purchased DS Sr with the Bridge. Boy was I wrong!

2 Likes

Muting this thread right now :wink:

5 Likes

For the money it’s hard to beat the M700’s. I have a pair in a different system.

1 Like

I feel it as well paul…it never seems to stop…tweaking…

1 Like

I love my M700’s baldy but when I upgraded my speakers unexpectedly, I realized they need better amplification! I’m sure you can attest that the 300’s are “slightly” better the M700’s.

Adding the P-10 to my system did wonders for the performance.

1 Like

Yes they are in a different league. Effortless is the word that comes to mind every time I listen to them. The 1200’s have piked my interest lately though. :thinking:

1 Like

Equipment feet and Power Plants. (Nordost Soft Kones and Alto Extremo feet).

1 Like

I was and still am considering the M1200’s but a good set of preowned BHK 300’s I think are the way to go! I’ve invested to much in XLR and short speaker cables so no offense BHK 250 owners so I have to stay monoblock!

2 Likes

I think the P20 is far beyond being considered a “tweak”, but yes, I’ll say my P20 was the most Expensive Thing that I added to my system, that profoundly improved the sound of said system. (whew, long sentence)

2 Likes

Best inexpensive tweak for ME has been Herbie Audio Lab Decoupling Gliders under my speaker spikes. Low investment cost and big return.

2 Likes

Acoustic Treatment

2 Likes