Not sure if this topic has been specifically addressed before, but I thought I’d post it just for fun and to see what others experience has been.
What have been the most effective inexpensive tweaks/upgrades in your system? I understand “inexpensive” can be relative, so I am not going to suggest a price limit. I think common sense will drive the conversation.
My favorite inexpensive tweaks/upgrades include:
- Matrix SPDIF 2 (Not crazy inexpensive, but wow what an upgrade! - $379)
- WiFi Dongle for my SOtM SMS 200 Streamer ($13)
- Upgrading from single-ended to balanced IC’s ($99)
- Using Audirvana and upsampling everything from PCM to DSD ($75)
- And finally…messing around a bunch with speaker placement. This has the most dramatic affect on sound quality, and I still haven’t narrowed in my favorite/best spot. It’s challenging, but the “tweak” - if you can call it that - is rewarding and worth the time. ($0)
What are your thoughts???