Best Inexpensive Tweaks?

Ahh… you beat me to it. :smile:

Under 30 ears.

2 Likes

A dodgy prospect in the uk too…

More along the system/room set up theme…

I have pointed folks to Jim Smith’s book before but it bears repeating: Get Better Sound Store Page

Get the book or the DVD’s (or both) – best $38 or $60 (actually a bit less) you can spend in terms of bang for your buck, IMO.

SEE

4 Likes

Come to Seattle…….

1 Like

Set up your bass performance and integration of the sub with an iPad, a proper mic and a speaker and room analyzing SW like the studiosix one.

You will be very surprised how much better you can set up your bass with measuring. You will never guess how the parametric EQ of the sub and the crossover points react otherwise. What you think is right is probably exactly wrong…and if you do it according to the measuring, it suddenly snaps in.

I just remeasured after a change in the setup and was surprised again how exactly it works.

1 Like

People keep telling me that weed is the answer to all my cancer pain. I remain unmoved given that the source of my medical care is DoD or the VA and if they decide “illegal” I can’t risk no care.

I hear ya man, I work with the VA as part of my job, so I get it (Army Vet as well). I’ve heard it can help in those areas. The VA will be slow moving in that arena. I wish you the best my friend, I hope the music helps some.

1 Like

But it wouldn’t surprise me if they prescribed opioids for pain.
Would they drop your coverage if you tested positive for medical marijuana?

Indeed they do. Indeed they do. The opioids keep the pain at bay, if not taking it away.

I doubt they would, but don’t intend to find out.

Sorry to take this off topic. I’ll drop it now.

For me, I wanted some effective isolation on my turntable as the room suffers from footfall.
The ISOAcoustics Orea’s are sensibly priced and incredibly effective, just got 3 and replaced the rubber feet. Best solution I could have found at that price I’m fairly certain. (£50 each)

1 Like

Yes, they work really well under my RP3 (with all the Groovetracer mods). I now use the VooDoo Cable IsoPods–just a bit better (and a little more expensive!)

1 Like

Lols, same setup here, big big fan of the GrooveTracer mods, just considering the Delrin Platter as my final mod on my Planar 3.

What change did you experience?

Better definition, tighter bass, better soundstage?

Is it still as colorful sounding in mids?

All I was expecting was to reduce the noise of footfall. They completely eliminate footfall.

But, I was really suprised with the improvement in the lower end, much tighter bass, much more immediate. That was the most noticeable improvement that was immediately apparent. I didn’t really notice too much else though, but my speaker setup is currently not ideal (very limited space). BUT I didn’t notice any deterioration in other qualities which was most important to me.

1 Like

The counterweight was the last one I did. . . did make a difference. I can recommend the Delrin platter, and you get to skip the mat as well, which is a good thing.

1 Like

Really, the counterweight had that much of an effect? I must look into that, will probably pick it up when I get the platter.

It was a bit better tracking. . . . Maybe not.a huge difference but I had all the other mods. . . so. . . . This being an audiophile doesn’t help the savings account.

2 Likes

Ha ha! Yeah, but my god it’s fun!

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s remarks.

Though, I find the lack of mentioning dedicated electrical circuit(s) from the mains distribution board to the music room interesting. I thought more people would at least mention it given the high recommendation to do this in other articles.

2 Likes