Best strategy on where to place your best power cords

…I only ask since it looks like PS Audio is using all AQ Dragon power cables right now:

Hmm. A 9 ft Dragon or a new Ducati Monster 1200? Give me a couple minutes…

6 Likes

@RonP

Yeah, but dragons can fly…

falcor

Trust me on this: So can the Ducati.

3 Likes

I have a five year old Multistrada Granturismo. I was thinking of a 2020 model, either another GT or the 8 gallon tank equipped Enduro. Then the Trump virus hit.

1 Like

Let’s all pray for a quick end for the virus and a V shaped recovery.

1 Like

@aangen
@RonP

Those cables are nutty priced.

Although, I am just curious on how the SQ increase to cost of initial investment ratio drops off past that price range. I’d assume…also, totally could be wrong, but…you are eventually limited by what is between the amp and the wire in the walls. Meaning, there has to be an eventual…isn’t going to be any more neutral(or perceived[uncolored] delta from neutral).

Anyways,

I like where your heads are at…

I’ve always wanted to get a cafe racer. - like the modified(classic cafe racer imo) Honda CBX50(X= 1 to 7).

Here are some good examples:

2 Likes

I was thinking more L shaped.
(But a KTM could work I suppose)

1 Like

I love the look

1 Like

But my back wouldn’t like the riding position / seat padding!

1 Like

Yeah. Older I get the less flexible, no matter how much I stretch and exercise. Cafe style just limits me to half an hour.

1 Like

Padding?

I have four superbikes (three Ducatis). The seats are painted on, especially the Ducatis.

I am good for around 350 - 400 miles in a day in the twisties. As the bikes are good for only a bit over 100 miles before the next gas stop there are built in breaks.

1 Like

yeah, but what kind of power cords do they sound best with? ; )

2 Likes

The inimitable Nelson Pass on cables (though not power cords specifically):

"We have a general recommendation about interconnects, and speaker cables: They should cost less than the amplifier, and contain at least some conductive material.

“We prefer speaker cables that are short and stout. Oxygen-free copper and silver are the suggested materials. If you find any really exceptional cable made of gold, please gift us a couple hundred feet.”

mine doesn’t need a pull cord. it has a starter.

1 Like

I used to have a mini-bike with a Briggs & Stratton with pull starter when I was a kid. Hauled ass. Some psycho kid in the neighborhood had a Mac 9 mounted on a tiny frame with no brakes. The thing would belch fire and be going 60 in no time. He went through a lot of shoes.

1 Like

No padding rigid, built in my garage Feb 2004. Does have a comfortable laid back riding position though

2 Likes

Fun! Good job.

2 Likes

I know this is an older post, but a goodie. Thanks for sharing!

I gave this a go, swapping the “best” power cable from the amp to the Directstream. It was different and better in my set up going to the Directstream, bringing much greater sound staging and dynamics. Always interesting to hear new things in an otherwise unchanged set up :grinning:

2 Likes