BHK 250 and 300 coupling caps

Here’s a pic of the candidates. The Jupiter is about the same size as the original Rel PPT.
2018May17_three%20coupling%20candidates_1500w

I once put Mundorfs in a Cary pre and the improvement was significant.

Which Mundorfs? Some are good, some are very good, and a few are excellent.

This is really interesting!
As I usually keep away from soldering, maybe someone could anser the following questions to me:

Are such audiophile components always better than the usual built in stuff if the same value is taken or does it happen that the whole voicing get’s confused?

Are there preferred areas where such components (better resistors or caps) always make sense?

Mundorf MCap Supreme Evo Silver Gold

Un-HIJACKED My regrets

Un-HIJACKED My regrets

I’m reading this conversation with great interest, but don’t see much info regarding the BHK Pre Amp
specifically. I was dismayed to see the Rel Caps resident in my new Pre Amp as the ones I had seen reviewed and in the Operators Manual were Jupitor Caps. I’ve had these Rel Caps in other equipment before and always found there sound to be a bit on the hard side. I wonder what drove the decision to use the Rel Caps in production Vs the Jupitor Caps. I for one have always found just a touch of sweetness ( just a touch) rather than thin and hard to be a pleasing thing. I read the fav caps for the Amps, has anyone tried much on the PreAmp?

Un-HIJACKED My regrets.

Thanks for the input on the Uptone Caps in parallel with the Rel Caps. Are you running 1Mfd Uptones or 2 Mfd as your parallel cap? My last preamp I had Mundorf Supreme Silver Gold Oil which I paralleled with V Cap teflons and loved that combo. Big bucks but great. I guess I should really order some Uptones and perhaps just clip them in as Bascom has just to see. Did it take long for the new Uptone caps to settle in? This would be a bargain indeed. As regards the original Caps I was wrong, they were not Jupiter Caps but appear to be Jantzen Denmark Cross Caps. I have no idea how these sound and no reason to believe they would be better than the Rel Caps.

Un-HIJACKED My regrets