BHK Amplifier and the CAS; First Impressions?

OK, so, I’m a little excited to hear about the unveiling of the new amplifier and I put this here for Paul and any members of the Colorado Audio Society to leave comments. Don’t be shy, we know you’re out there.

+1

Please chime in. I, too, would enjoy hearing your thoughts and reactions.

I’ll let them know. I had fun and many members came to me and said the system was the best they had ever heard it.

Ha! Like your system needs a lot of help to sound good.4_gif That’s great news.

OK. It has been two hours. Where are the reports?!

Perhaps none of them read these forums?

Say it isn’t so!

I do not really expect any reports this quick in any event, but I am exceedingly curious.

Still nothing after two days?

Paul McGowan said Perhaps none of them read these forums?
Well, with lack of direct feedback, how did the audience react from what you saw?

–SSW

Did the Society members get to hear a second (or third) amplifier? Lacking a comparison point, other than a previous visit to PS Audio, not sure too many conclusions can be drawn from just listening to the BHK Signature on an essentially unknown system. A mighty fine unknown system to boot.

pmotz said Did the Society members get to hear a second (or third) amplifier?
Yes:

Paul McGowan March 19, 2015 at 6:58 am

Forgive me but I am going to shy away from naming names at this juncture since I do not want to wound fellow manufacturers in public. Some of our guest speakers may mention a few you have heard of in the upcoming video, but since their presentations are not scripted, it’s hard to say.

Let me suggest that one we have compared is expensive enough that you could have purchased 10 of the BHKs for the same price, while another was only a little more expensive. In shootouts outside Music Room One there have been many, none survived.

. . .

It will not be a production unit. First off the line happens next month but we wanted to roll this baby out and the opportunity to gather Arnie, Bascom and me in one place at one time just came about so we grabbed it.

Can we expect a nice video with details on the BHK amp? Maybe even presented by the master himself (Bascom).

Can wait to see the ins and outs of this new amp!

Alekz, I took Paul’s comment to mean he compared them during the development process. I was asking if they had comparison amplifiers at the Colorado Audio Society presentation last Saturday. If that is what Paul meant, then my question is answered. Otherwise …

Hm… Let’s see what Paul says… Or someone who was there. BTW, 3 days already…

Unless there was an NDA… :D

pmotz said Did the Society members get to hear a second (or third) amplifier? Lacking a comparison point, other than a previous visit to PS Audio, not sure too many conclusions can be drawn from just listening to the BHK Signature on an essentially unknown system. A mighty fine unknown system to boot.
No, there wasn't enough time nor did we have another amp readily available. There wasn't a shootout as such, they were there to meet Bascom and Arnie and here our presentations for the most part.

adriaan said Can we expect a nice video with details on the BHK amp? Maybe even presented by the master himself (Bascom).

Can wait to see the ins and outs of this new amp!

Yes, we are working on editing such a video now and hope to have it available late next week. I’ll let you all know. There’s me, Arnie and Bascom each making presentations. Bascom explains much of the amp’s philosophy and Arnie tells you what he thinks of its sound.

So . . .

Show us some pictures of the insides?

Please? :D

–SSW

Paul-

Did you demo the monoblocks or the stereo version of the amp?

DenisD said Paul-

Did you demo the monoblocks or the stereo version of the amp?

Now that’s a hell of a cool avatar! I still have yet to hear a monoblock. Can’t wait.

And, as far as pictures of the insides, click on our Instagram page and you can see them plus pictures of the event.