BHK Amplifier and the CAS; First Impressions?

Thanks for the compliment on my temporary amps but they become a little uncomfortable during long term listening sessions. I can’t wait for the new monoblocks to replace these.

In-sta-gram… ah, Scott’s got you keeping up with the times, eh? This moves your street cred up from “bees knees” to “daddy-o”! nerd_gif

Is the 5VDC trigger the jack under the tube ‘caution high voltage when lit’ LED?PS_Audio_CES2015_3.png

Looks like we need 6 fuses. I can’t make out the ratings and sizes, any way to get them now so we can pre-order fuses?

–SSW

It has been a while.

Am I still number one on the delivery list?circle-of-hearts-smiley-emoticon_gif

Gordon, you’re always number one in my book. goofy-heart_gif

Are you sure he’s not the #1 alternate behind me?21_gif

OK, I’ve been sitting on my hands trying not to jump the gun or look too anxious, but I can’t take it anymore. Based on Gordon’s response I’m assuming no one has been notified they will be a beta tester of the BHK Signature yet. So when will the notifications go out? April has been the designated shipping month, which is only a few days away. I sent Paul an e-mail, as requested, back in October and I have been thinking about this ever since! itwasntme_gif

Streets Still Works said Is the 5VDC trigger the jack under the tube 'caution high voltage when lit' LED?
Yes sir.
pmotz said OK, I've been sitting on my hands trying not to jump the gun or look too anxious, but I can't take it anymore. Based on Gordon's response I'm assuming no one has been notified they will be a beta tester of the BHK Signature yet. So when will the notifications go out? April has been the designated shipping month, which is only a few days away. I sent Paul an e-mail, as requested, back in October and I have been thinking about this ever since! itwasntme_gif
Go back to your corner!!47_gif

Seriously, sorry about the wait and lack of communication from me tmi_gif. I haven’t begun to put the list together or even look at it to see where we are. Parts are accumulating daily. I just saw all the transformers but we haven’t any circuit boards yet. Bob is creating assembly instructions, test jigs are being constructed and sent to Kansas (where the boards are made) and all components have been purchased. I am guess sometime mid April I’ll be able to let you all know what’s up as we get closer.

pmotz said OK, I've been sitting on my hands trying not to jump the gun or look too anxious, but I can't take it anymore. Based on Gordon's response I'm assuming no one has been notified they will be a beta tester of the BHK Signature yet. So when will the notifications go out? April has been the designated shipping month, which is only a few days away. I sent Paul an e-mail, as requested, back in October and I have been thinking about this ever since! itwasntme_gif
Remember that in PS-Audio-speak the 'Newsletter of the Month' typically comes out in the last week of that month . . . Besides, I did get an email from Paul saying that they won't be shipping until the last of April, so that's all consistent. Hey, I've been waiting 5 years for this, so a few more weeks won't matter. :)

–SSW

gordon said It has been a while.

I was always the second after Gordon.
Streets Still Works said

Remember that in PS-Audio-speak the ‘Newsletter of the Month’ typically comes out in the last week of that month . . . Besides, I did get an email from Paul saying that they won’t be shipping until the last of April, so that’s all consistent. Hey, I’ve been waiting 5 years for this, so a few more weeks won’t matter. :)

According to Positive Feedback the amp is "expected to be in full production by May, 2015. "

http://www.positive-feedback.com/industrynews.htm

With photos:

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/01/ps-audio-finalise-bhk-signature-250-amplifier-for-ces-2015/

http://www.stereophile.com/how-is-ted-coding-the-fpgaent/ps-audios-forthcoming-statement-amplifier

Interesting note::

“Amps go to early adopters in March, with their feedback contributing to a final US release in June.”

New dates ;)

" … and everything else allowed to idle at 80–100W… " " … which runs in class-A for the first 20W. …"

New data ;)

When was the last time the estimated shipping date did not slip? Hmm? 105_gif

It was originally March and it slipped to April which has been the ‘new’ date for a while now. Remember when these articles are written in the magazine there’s a good lag time and reality changes, at least for us. cool I’ll do my best to keep you up to date. As of right now we’re still on track for the April shipments of the first 50.

The first of three videos is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY9POjw7eJM

I am off to Montreal for the show but next week I’ll post Arnie and Bascom’s talks next.

Paul McGowan said

Go back to your corner!!47_gif

Yes Sir … (whimper, whimper)

Ah, those role play games again… :D

Alekz said
gordon said It has been a while.

I was always the second after Gordon.

I’m not so sure I want to be ‘first.’ I’ll let Gordon work all the bugs out, especially the last annoying ones that seem to take the last 25% of the time . . .

:)

–SSW