BHK Pre Amp Problem

stevem2 said

I just started having my own problems. The preamp started normally this evening but when I tried to change the volume with the remote it didn’t move. I rebooted the preamp and the 45 second warm-up countdown took four or five times that long. When it eventually came on, it had the same volume problem. If I spin the physical volume knob it sometimes moves a click or so per revolution (or two or three revolutions). I unplugged the unit for 15 minutes and rebooted. Same thing. 45 second countdown took over five minutes. Volume knob mostly unresponsive and remote totally unresponsive, including input changes (inputs can be changed from front panel). It is not in Home Theater mode. My unit is one of the early ones signed by Bascom.

Any ideas?

I’ve had a similar problem(s) with my BHK preamp… Both times it was the small board/microprocessor that the stepper motor is attached to… First fault: a failed display - burnt-out component. ( Dave P sent me the parts and I installed the board and display and all was well for a few months ) Second fault: unresponsive volume ! ( Dealer sent me the new microprocessor and the musical bliss resumed ) …