BitStream DS review

http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.ca/2014/05/directstream-i.html

please note- three parts

Very nice review. :)

i appreciate, and fully agree with, his comment: Bass done right should sound bass light most of the time. If the first thing you think of when you hear a system for the first time is “wow, listen to that bass!” then the chances are that its bass is bloated and overblown.”

Quite an impressive review. Thanks for posting.

I sure like that the reviews now starts to surface 41_gif

Nice teaser I guess. I do agree about the remote, and also find that you can’t un-dim the front panel without a re-boot silly.

woot said Nice teaser I guess. I do agree about the remote, and also find that you can't un-dim the front panel without a re-boot silly.
Did you read all three parts? (Look for "Newer Post" at the bottom if yoiu did not.) It did more than tease for me.
woot said you can't un-dim the front panel without a re-boot silly.
I thought it was only me that had misunderstood something. I couldn't find a remedy either.

Realistically, the review is awesome (biased or not), but I actually had a hope that it could match the cost no object DAC’s out there on several parameters. I guess nothing comes for free, so I am not disapointed, really. Let’s wait for the other verdicts.

Frode said
I thought it was only me that had misunderstood something. I couldn't find a remedy either.

Realistically, the review is awesome (biased or not), but I actually had a hope that it could match the cost no object DAC’s out there on several parameters. I guess nothing comes for free, so I am not disappointed, really. Let’s wait for the other verdicts.

I too love the review reconfirmations, comparisons and specs but the real challenge and satisfaction level obviously comes from our own personal “enjoyment” factor when comparing TODAY with Yesterday and WHAT is making the difference for ME.

While this may seem like a more than obvious statement, it is easy to get caught up with and to challenge our own GUT based on the comments of others.

And so we should, and constantly testing our own “opinions” is important. It does not, however, cement any long lasting satisfaction, and external endorsements may only last till the next round of comments introduces some new challenge.

When it sounds and feels “right” then IT IS.

I also look forward to more reviews and mostly to feel the excitement in the pens of the writers. It would be fun if they took a video and posted their facial expressions as the DS makes them utter "Holy …Cow.

Enjoy The Music.

Frode said

I thought it was only me that had misunderstood something. I couldn’t find a remedy either.

I found the remedy here:

When the DS display is on, you have to push the ‘ON’ button on the Remote - and Voila!

The display will remain on and no reboot is necessary :)

Yes, of course, this review is something I would like because, well, he’s very complimentary of the product. But what I would say is this: it’s perhaps one of the best reviews I have EVER read. Richard is a gifted writer. I was pretty stunned.

Paul McGowan said Yes, of course, this review is something I would like because, well, he's very complimentary of the product. But what I would say is this: it's perhaps one of the best reviews I have EVER read. Richard is a gifted writer. I was pretty stunned.
I agree! It was VERY well written.