BlueKnight's room and system.

IMG_0001.JPG

Wow! Looks sweet. Beautiful room. My wife might even let me have something like that if I had the skill to make it look that nice. Kudos. Well done sir!

Paul McGowan said Wow! Looks sweet. Beautiful room. My wife might even let me have something like that if I had the skill to make it look that nice. Kudos. Well done sir!
Thanks Paul...! Just don't call me 'sir'. I had to work for a living....

Yes, functional and tasteful is a rare combination in audio.

Have you had a chance to evaluate the new subs?

I like the room treatment disguised as plants. Very tasteful. And glad you’re back on the forum.

Back of the room and the sweet spot. So far, I have been moving the new subs in and out of the room. I find that two subs are far easier to tune to the room than one.

In the corners, they produce the most bass but are too boomy. Great for HT not so for music. Moving them up the walls produces a more natural sound but difficult to tune with the main speakers.

By putting them on the inside of the main speakers, the bass is a little thin but can be tuned to match the output of the mains. I don’t roll off the frequency. I just add a little more volume. It’s amazing how deep they can go.

BR1.JPG

That’s a great looking room.

It the white remote on the table for lighting?

gordon said That's a great looking room.

It the white remote on the table for lighting?

Thanks Oscar… The white ‘remote’ is actually a moisture and temperature gauge. I like to keep the room at 20°c and 40% ± 5%.

I like to keep my own moisture at 100%

The room makes extensive use of Sonopan and Sonopan X on all surfaces. It’s a cost effective way to keep outside noise from interfering with the music. Fortunately I had this done during the built three years ago.

http://www.wlfgroup.ca/products/soundproofing/sonopan.aspx

sonopan.jpg

Adjacent to the music room is the music library.

Music-Library.jpg

It just gets better n better.

Are you the designer?

If so, I should have invited you over when I was planning our place.

I did use offset wall studs and Green Glue between double sheets of 5/8 Sheet rocck on all walls and ceilings though.

Was it you who also mentioned Green glue last year or earlier?

gordon said

Was it you who also mentioned Green glue last year or earlier?

I design everything myself but cannot take credit for the aforementioned Green Glue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8IoFw-Y24

gordon said
Interesting product.

The OEM cables on the subs came with cheap and stiffer than a two-peckered goat power cables. I replaced them with a pair of AudioQuest XR-2 cables with IEC-17 termination. They are not the best for sure but they were the only ones I could find with the appropriate connections.

From 18ga to 15ga… Advise if you know of a better option.

IMG_0002.jpg

cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_gifVery attractive room you have thereclapping_gif

Thanks buddy! Yours is not too shabby either…77_gif