Break in time P10

Sorry the IEC is correct on the picture! The IEC of your picture is upside down for the P10!

So the phase is closed to the middle of the P10.

Hmm i’ve just swapped N/L on all four powercables going out from P5 (as it is simpler in my setup than to swap N/L on cable going to P5).

Unfortunately the hum is still there :frowning:

@maniac

That didn’t help for me. Only the feeding cable did the job!

Maybe you could try this sometime with a 3 dollar powercable or something. You could cut it in two and place a connector block between if it could not be taken apart.

interesting, apparently i have some work to do tomorrow evening :slight_smile: thanks!

Good luck! Hope it helps!

Maniac, please let us know if it works. This is an interesting discussion.

This sounds all too agricultural for me, I reckon just keep everything as the designer intended. Straight through connections in and out, don’t mess with the $3 experimental power cords!

@brodricj

A 3dollar powercord or something is included with every unit. So it really can’t do no harm connecting it.

All equipment meant for AC voltage can be connected as mentioned in this thread. But do keep it safe for yourself :slight_smile:

@wijnand I have assembled my powercables by myself (Supra cable + Supra / Futurech connectors) and all are dismountable so will try it with P10 which is now sitting happy on my rack.

When I tried to swap L/N on cable feeding P5 few days ago it did not help.

I’m now having new P10 so letting it some time to burn-in and then will experiment again. The transformer hum is there with P10 too just to a bit less extent as with P5 for my EC gear, but interestingly PWD now hums too.

But my initial thoughts after having P10 powered on for about 12 hours is that P10 sounds always as good as P5 sounded during night. But to be able to confirm this I need to listen during on more various days of week and different times - will surely let you know if the impression will be still the same and also will try to change N/L feeding P10 to see if I can get rid of transformer hum too.

@maniac

Congratulations with your P10!

How did you connect the polarity at this moment?

thank you, polarity to P10 is by norm, and all devices are connected to P10 do have reversed L/N.

i’m out for weekend on monday will continue experimenting :slight_smile:

How can you do that! :-t

New equipment in the house and go out yourself.

Well good luck next week!