Bridge 2 + Roon timeline?

Congrats Sean,

My thought is that your drop-outs have to be network related, never got those problems with Tidal or Qobuz (even streaming HiRes) in my setup. Over here I’ve got a 200mb internet account, Netgear Nighthawk 7500 router straight cabled to the Bridge. Use the 5G wifi for mControl HD on I-pad or Bubble on Galaxy tablet (and phone).

Edit: mConnect supports Tidal & vTuner internet radio (!) , Qobuz is only supported by Bubble

Paul McGowan said
Tim said Paul - any update on timeline for Roon? Thanks...

Still looking at a couple of weeks.

Has it been a couple of weeks yet? I’m dying to get my hands on that update.

Just got an email confirmation from their lead engineer that all the bugs are fixed and we’re good to go. There will be a new release of Roon next week of which we will be a part. We need to upgrade and release Torreys for DirectStream Junior and new code for Bridge II around that time too.

Should be good to go.

Paul McGowan said Just got an email confirmation from their lead engineer that all the bugs are fixed and we're good to go. There will be a new release of Roon next week of which we will be a part. We need to upgrade and release Torreys for DirectStream Junior and new code for Bridge II around that time too.

Should be good to go.

That is awesome news!!!

Paul McGowan said Just got an email confirmation from their lead engineer that all the bugs are fixed and we're good to go. There will be a new release of Roon next week of which we will be a part. We need to upgrade and release Torreys for DirectStream Junior and new code for Bridge II around that time too.

Should be good to go.

Awesome Paul! Of course, I will be out of the country on vacation when this drops, But will have something fun waiting for me when I get back. Can’t wait to play with this!

Guys/Ladies:

Check out what was posted a few minutes ago on the Roon forum…

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/now-playing-display-on-roonready-audio-endpoints/6876/8

Good times ahead!

Cool, now all we need is some degree of whats playing update option pushed at song change (optionally) and (optionally) a persistent display of the same to the Jr and Ill be a happy camper.

I am pretty sure I am not likely to be alone in this request, but I am not sure how many Jr owners there out there yet with Roon/NAS/Jriver streaming via LAN. I am loving mine so far and can’t wait for the Roon integration bit to come, I even got the lifetime subscription already.

We’re planning on sending the final Torreys upgrade for Junior to our listening panel on Tuesday and by the end of the week will hopefully have our first Junior upgrade to Torreys, which includes the Roon component. Should all launch at the same time.

@scirica: Thanks for that info. Roon is looking even better. It’d great to see that the DS and Bridge were some of the first kit that they received.

I am 100% confident that the strategy chosen implementing Roon in the BII was the correct one and that this probably came as a relief (present from heaven :)) with e.g. eLyric and Silent Server projects fresh in mind. I think PS Audio should be concentrating on their strong sides, which is top notch hardware and market knowledge.

I hope this critisism isn’t taken badly.

Hello again

Do we have any news regarding the new Roon-compatible firmware for the bridge II? In their webpage, Roon already has posted their update, which includes literally the awaited support for PS Audio DACs. It looks that now the ball is in PS Audio´s park.

Actually they say only branding included for several brands including PS Audio and some others …

If if the DS Bridge II is RAAT compliant then it should get spotted automagically

Once the Bridge II firmware update is released then we should all be good to go Roon via Ethernet.

wizardofoz said Actually they say only branding included for several brands including PS Audio and some others ....

If if the DS Bridge II is RAAT compliant then it should get spotted automagically

Once the Bridge II firmware update is released then we should all be good to go Roon via Ethernet.

But we were told here that an update to the Bridge II would be available to make this work. Keep checking the display of the DS DAC to see if the update is available via the Internet interface. Hopefully we will see an announcement here.

It will take a Bridge update and I’ll do my best to announce it.

We decided to make sure Torreys, which is required for Roon to work, is finalized and approved for both DirectStream Senior and Junior.

Beta testing for Torreys Junior is going on right now - available on this forum. As soon as we hear back from the beta tester volunteers and we voice the final version, we’ll release the new Bridge code.

We don’t mean to make this hard or frustrating but want to treat all Bridge II owners with equal respect.

We don’t mean to make this hard or frustrating...
Sorry to say it, but IMHO this is frustrating for the DS Sr. owners, as it is a year-old vs. month-old product.

I agree Paul. Your DS DAC owners feel a little slighted by this. Starting to lose patience with the process.

EldRick said . . . this is frustrating for the DS Sr. owners, as it is a year-old vs. month-old product.
But remember, Roon is a brand new product to implement. And DS owners got to enjoy Torreys first.

Think about it, is not better sound vastly more important than a mere interface?

Actually, DS owners got to Beta-Test Torreys first and voluntarily report bugs to PS Audio to correct issues with their software, thus, to some extent, doing their job for them. Enjoyment apparently remains mixed for some.

In any case, it is more than annoying for those of us who bought a more costly DS more than a year ago, and then bought into a Bridge II for another $900, to have to wait for bugs in a less costly weeks-old product to be shaken down, particularly after the ongoing Roon-two-weeks-from-now-forever release date over the past couple of months.

Sorry if that’s annoying to the PS Audio guys, but that’s my opinion. Waiting for the Junior-debugging to release the DS-Sr. code is not reasonable, IMHO. I’d rather deal with possible bugs in the DS Sr. code than screw around for another month or two while a literal handful of DS Jr. and PWD software testers report back. I paid for a one-year Roon subscription based on your estimated release dates, and you guys are pissing it away.

If it works on the DS DAC, release the bloody SW. If it doesn’t, say so, but either way, don’t hold DS DAC owners hostage to the latest budget product - that could go on for months.

Elk said
EldRick said . . . this is frustrating for the DS Sr. owners, as it is a year-old vs. month-old product.

But remember, Roon is a brand new product to implement. And DS owners got to enjoy Torreys first.

Think about it, is not better sound vastly more important than a mere interface?

I don’t have Roon or Bridge(1 or 2) on my DS but I do have Torreys and now don’t have access to 1/3 of my music which is DSD on USB because Torrey’s hangs when playing via JRiver. I’d very much appreciate that being sorted out before all the effort to get a new product implemented.

Think about it, IT’s FREE.