Bridge II - mConnect Player or mconnect Control - for Tidal MQA

Hi @dennis

Just in anticipation of the Bridge II firmware update coming any week now, which iOS app is that we need to play Tidal MQA at 24/192 to the Bridge II?

As per the attached, there’s a couple of options in the iOS App Store

Cheers

IMG_0378.PNG

Mi2016 said

Hi @dennis

Just in anticipation of the Bridge II firmware update coming any week now, which iOS app is that we need to play Tidal MQA at 24/192 to the Bridge II?

As per the attached, there’s a couple of options in the iOS App Store

Cheers

I am using mconnect control on Android and it works for me. I don’t know for sure about IOS, but that would be what I start with.

Dennis

For what it’s worth, I can already stream Tidal to my Bridge 2 using the MConnect App but it only shows HiFi as an option, it doesn’t show Hi-Fi/Masters. However, when I use MControl I can see Hi-Fi/Master as an option but it will only stream to my IPad - when I try and select the Bridge 2 it says “Selected Device Does Not Support Tidal”.

So my assumption is that what the Bridge firmware update comes out, I will be able to select Bridge 2 from MControl, and stream Masters/MQA.

Regards, Mike.

Mike Marks said

For what it’s worth, I can already stream Tidal to my Bridge 2 using the MConnect App but it only shows HiFi as an option, it doesn’t show Hi-Fi/Masters. However, when I use MControl I can see Hi-Fi/Master as an option but it will only stream to my IPad - when I try and select the Bridge 2 it says “Selected Device Does Not Support Tidal”.

So my assumption is that what the Bridge firmware update comes out, I will be able to select Bridge 2 from MControl, and stream Masters/MQA.

Regards, Mike.

Yes, that is correct.

Dennis

Mike Marks said

Regards, Mike.

Everything you describe I can duplicate except in MControl I don’t see Hi-Fi Masters, only the Not supported Tital message. Can you describe where you see it or post a screen shot,thanks.

rogerdn said

Everything you describe I can duplicate except in MControl

Just to be clear, you’re using mConnect Control NOT mConnect Player?

Dennis Kerrisk said I am using mconnect control on Android and it works for me. I don't know for sure about IOS
Thanks Dennis. Are you able to check with the mConnect people about which version will be needed for Tidal MQA?

No rush at all of course, but perhaps if this can be clarified and added to the Bridge II firmware announcement (which app to get for both iOS and Android) it would help with any confusion at that time, whenever that’s released over the coming weeks.

Mi2016 said
rogerdn said Everything you describe I can duplicate except in MControl
Just to be clear, you're using mConnect Control NOT mConnect Player?
Actually using both but in this case I meant to say mConnect Control
Mi2016 said
No rush at all of course, but perhaps if this can be clarified and added to the Bridge II firmware announcement (which app to get for both iOS and Android) it would help with any confusion at that time, whenever that's released over the coming weeks.
yes that would be helpful.
rogerdn said

Everything you describe I can duplicate except in MControl I don’t see Hi-Fi Masters, only the Not supported Tital message. Can you describe where you see it or post a screen shot,thanks.

Hi Roger,

First off, and apologies if I’m stating the abvious, but you have to have a Hifi account for Tidal, otherwise I don’t believe you’ll ever see a “Hifi” or “Hifi/Master” option in the Tidal settings.

So assuming you do have a Hifi account, you need to select your IOS device as the “play to” option on the left. Once you’ve done that, you select Tidal as the player, go into Tidal setting (by tapping the 3 horizontal bars near the top of the Tidal window on the right and selecting Settings at the bottom). You should then see the Hifi/Masters option.

Let me know if this isn’t clear or still doesn’t work and I’ll try and work out how to do screen shots on my IPad!

Regards,

Mike.

I was missing the the three horizontal bars/Settings, thanks.

Btw when in Local Server I can no longer search for albums using A,B,C etc on the right hand side, it’s missing now from both their apps. It now asks if I want to add to Favorites, did something change ?

I noticed that as well - it makes searching through a long list of artists quite slow…

I’ve never really like the app.

Mi2016 said
Dennis Kerrisk said I am using mconnect control on Android and it works for me. I don't know for sure about IOS

Thanks Dennis. Are you able to check with the mConnect people about which version will be needed for Tidal MQA?

No rush at all of course, but perhaps if this can be clarified and added to the Bridge II firmware announcement (which app to get for both iOS and Android) it would help with any confusion at that time, whenever that’s released over the coming weeks.

I will ask the mConnect people, but that will take a few days for a response. Mconnect control get the Tidal Masters.

Dennis

FYI - the “three horizontal bars” type of menu is called a “hamburger menu”. Sometimes “hotdog” or “pancake”. Easier to type/say ; )

Just shows really old men can still learn something

Yep - wonderfully graphical concept. Makes a lot more sense when you (literally and figuratively) look at it that way. It’s a stack of stuff.

I’m 60 and I recently learned it from my 73-year-old brother : )

Dennis Kerrisk said

I will ask the mConnect people, but that will take a few days for a response.

Thanks Dennis, appreciated. That' fine if it takes a few days to clarify, as we don't have Tidal MQA yet anyway, so no rush.

Whenever I see this menu icon, I think logical equivalency, material equivalence, and Frege’s notion of identicality.

Thus, I expect a lot more than a boring side menu when I choose it.

I’ve downloaded MConnect (MControl) on both an iPhone and an iPad. And oddly enough, while on the iPad the app “sees” the Bridge and lets me play back stuff to it, on the phone it doesn’t even recognise it and all it allows me to do is to play it through the iPhone’s own speakers. :frowning:

I’m currently using the Android version on a Samsung phone and it’s playing back no problem, thankfully. But the IOS (iPhone) one is puzzling me aws.