Bridge II update?

Well then if you think you’re current approach is working I guess you will continue waiting until Conversdigital gets around to fixing the code in their time frame. After four years they may look at it as an EOL product. Expressing your concern with them would certainly not hurt and I found them to respond to e-mails in short order.

Yes, this is correct. The ball is in our court because our name is on the front panel. We should have a partial update we can release next week. Stay tuned.

8 Likes

Thanks Paul. No issues with mine at present, but I know some others have had issues.

Paul, what will the update do? Better SQ or function? I found nothing wrong with the functions, but I don’t use MQA. I don’t care for the sound. To me it still sounds compressed in a way?

wow I am surprised you think MQA sounds compressed ? What is the rest of your system?

39 posts were split to a new topic: Mp3/mqa

I simply wasn’t impressed when I heard MGA from Tidal Masters from Roon. At the time I was using Much of the same gear I am using now. Then tho I had PSB Imagine T3’s now Magnepan 3.7i.

I thought it sounded a tad restricted in a way, sorta squeezed? Not sure how to describe it, it just sounded stained in nature to me.

No, just correct some compatibility issues with Roon and a few other details that have been bugging folks.

3 Likes

My Bridge II arrived today dead on arrival , no network detection . I tried 2 different Ethernet cables to my router. PS Audio customer service offered to ship me a new Bridge II after I return the dead one but I really didn’t want to wait another week for the turnaround. I received a return pre paid Fedex label very quickly ( thank you) via email, drove to Fedex and sent it back . I do not blame anyone , customer service was excellent , stuff happens. I hope it’s the Bridge and not my 1 month old Directstream? Guess I will have to wait for the bridge III to find out. I requested a refund. The Bridge II slides in and clicks into place but the holes for the screws did not line up with holes in my Directstream, customer service suggested I gently push down on the bridge to line up the screw holes , sorry I realize things don’t always turn out the same when it’s not factory installed. Rather than temp fate I guess I’ll continue with usb which does sound very good; I just won’t have the full MQA unfold. If I knew last month what I know now I would have just ordered a Directstream with the Bridge II factory installed.

I’m selling a Bridge II. It works perfect.

@Paul when do think that update might materialize?

I was hoping for this week but we’ve run into a few snags with Converse. Sigh.

Someone remind me never to build products again with 3d party software.

6 Likes

@Paul Thanks for the response.

I cleaned up the thread and moved the MP3/MQA discussion to its own home.

I left darrenv1070’s observations regarding MQA, and the direct responses, in this thread even though they started the discussion of MQA as he was commenting on the sound quality of the Bridge.

If anyone feels something should not have been moved, or something else should be moved, please let me know.

It’s far too late for that Elk, our spirits are already CRUSHED by this exchange.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mp3/mqa

:slight_smile:

I moved the additional comments to the MP3/MQA thread I previously created so as not to muck up this thread. (As an aside, I cannot get the forum software to accept MP3/MQA as a title, only Mp3/mqa. Oh well.)

Carry on!

I am having a strange problem, I wonder if it is Bridge 2 related. I stream from Tidal using Mconnect control on an Android phone and since last week I cannot stream normal CD quality songs as Mconnect control crashes. I can stream MQA songs and, if I lower the TIDAL quality service, I can stream aac compressed songs but not the “normal CD quality” songs. Anybody faced a similar issue?

Anybody else notice the DSD runs a bit warmer when using the Bridge2?

I never tried without it, but anyway mine runs just a tiny bit warm…not with mentioning.

But I play aif files…in case you play compressed flac, your Bridge might generate more heat due to the unpacking processor work as far as I understand this.