Bridge II

Chris5 said

So, Are you saying that if I download Huron I would not be able to play anything through the bridge?

No, the bridgeII will work just as it did before. The new update will add MQA unfolding.

Dennis

That’s great, that’s all I wanted to know. Thanks

Whats the latest on the bridge2 update with direct Tidal support? thanks

I have a release candidate, that we are waiting MQA approval. When it will happen I have no clue.

Dennis

That should happen this month.

Today i have checked my bridge2 version is DSDac and found it’s older (v.2.7.11) than other users report (v2.9.14).

At the DSD display I can only “Firmware Update: N/A” in the Bridge Setup screen…

Any ideas how to get to the latest version please? I have tried download Bridge firmware from DOWNLOADs section, unzip and put on SD card and reboot DSDac - no change. Another strange thing is that sometimes DSDac reports bridge version 0.0.0.0 and sometimes 2.7.11 (changes by powercycle…)…

Thanks!

New bridge firmware is not currently availible, but will be in a couple of weeks.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I am aware about the upcoming MQA related bridge firmware, however I apparently don’t understand the concept of bridge updates - normally i would expect my bridge would offer me to upgrade to the latest version available (is it v2.9.14.?) . Is the bridge upgrade concept documented somewhere on PSA site, or could you please spend few words on it? I am just curious why I don’t have the latest version (at least it seems to me that 2.7.11 is not the latest) due to the following:

1. with latest RoonServer upgrade, sometimes it happens that when new/next song starts to play via roon, it stutters and stops after about 1 sec, then continues fine after another 3-5 seconds. It is not dependent on source format, when it happens it happens with 16@44 or 24@192, while other time it works flawlessly. Not sure if it has something to do with roon RAAT now streaming via TCP instead of UDP or something else - was hoping that maybe newest (v2.9.14?) bridge firmware could have potentially some improvement in this area… Unfortunately there is another variable as I was upgrading to Huron around the same time as RoonServer, but i would doubt if Huron could be the culprit here.

2. i also want to be sure that once the announced MQA firmware will be released i will be able to upgrade to it smoothly :slight_smile:

2.7.11 is the latest released version of firmware for the bridge. Newer versions have been given to several people the test whether issues found in 2.7.11 have been fixed. But nothing newer has been released, and will not be released until the MQA release. If you have a specific problem with 2.7.11 e-mail at dennis@psaudio.com and if you have a windows system availible I can get you an update, otherwise you will need to wait for the MQA release.

Dennis

First of all Yale does not support Roon, only Torrey’s and above. And you are still running 1.2.5 bridge code which does not support Roon. If you have a windows system availible, e-mail me and I can get you a pre-MQA version of bridge firmware that supports Roon, if you don’t have a windows system available you will have to wait for the MQA bridge release.

Dennis

Dennis, would you send me the windows non-MQA bridge II firmware so I can upgrade to the Roon capable version. My email is dew1551@gmail.com, thanks

I’m also confused about my Bridge II version.

I have updated to Huron but my Bridge version still shows 0.0.0?

Since going to Huron, I have been having issues where everytime I turn on the DirectStream from standby, I cannot play anything to the Bridge - nothing happens. I have to go into the network settings and disable DHCP, save, enable DHCP, and save again. Then I can play music. It gets frustrating!

IMG_20170621_210303.jpg

Eric said

I’m also confused about my Bridge II version.

I have updated to Huron but my Bridge version still shows 0.0.0?

Since going to Huron, I have been having issues where everytime I turn on the DirectStream from standby, I cannot play anything to the Bridge - nothing happens. I have to go into the network settings and disable DHCP, save, enable DHCP, and save again. Then I can play music. It gets frustrating!

That is very strange. When you can play music what version does the bridge show?

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said

That is very strange. When you can play music what version does the bridge show?

Dennis

Still shows 0.0.0

I have a workaround so not wanting to make a big deal, but I can’t wait for the new Bridge release!

Eric said

Still shows 0.0.0

I have a workaround so not wanting to make a big deal, but I can’t wait for the new Bridge release!

I’ll let you know when we have a bridge update availible.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said

First of all Yale does not support Roon, only Torrey’s and above. And you are still running 1.2.5 bridge code which does not support Roon. If you have a windows system availible, e-mail me and I can get you a pre-MQA version of bridge firmware that supports Roon, if you don’t have a windows system available you will have to wait for the MQA bridge release.

I have a DS Jnr with Yale. (Torrey’s was available when I got it but I was wary of upgrading because there had been more than one version of Torrey’s and that set an alarm bell in my head ringing). Roon finds it on my network and plays through it, although it indicates that the DS Jnr’s bridge is uncertified. Is this normal behaviour for Yale in the DS Jnr?

Peter said
Dennis Kerrisk said First of all Yale does not support Roon, only Torrey's and above. And you are still running 1.2.5 bridge code which does not support Roon. If you have a windows system availible, e-mail me and I can get you a pre-MQA version of bridge firmware that supports Roon, if you don't have a windows system available you will have to wait for the MQA bridge release.

I have a DS Jnr with Yale. (Torrey’s was available when I got it but I was wary of upgrading because there had been more than one version of Torrey’s and that set an alarm bell in my head ringing). Roon finds it on my network and plays through it, although it indicates that the DS Jnr’s bridge is uncertified. Is this normal behaviour for Yale in the DS Jnr?

Yes that is the expected behavior with Yale.

Dennis