BULLET POINT SUGGESTIONS FOR THE DS.

Let’s keep it clean and simple so the engineers can “get it” with a quick glance.
What would you suggest to improve the user interface with the DS?

From my ‘DS Problems’ post:

OK, suggestions for the next firmware upgrade with regards to implementation of ‘attenuate’ mode:

1. Let me know on the front panel it’s in this mode somehow, either with a separate icon or something to remind me that I was a dummy and left it there. Right now there’s nothing.

2. Let me get it OUT of that mode via the front panel touchscreen. If I lose the remote, I’m stuck.

3. Change Power On Reset to get it out of that mode when a hard reboot is performed.

Also, here’s a suggested change for the ‘mute’ function. True, it changes the little pad on the lower left corner of the screen from green to red in ‘mute’ mode, but that’s not readily obvious for a novice user across the room. Can we perchance have a large speaker-with-diagonal-slash icon somewhere on the screen when ‘mute’ is selected?

OK, I guess the user manual says I could have hit the little gear icon on the front panel. I suppose it would have helped if the user manual was included in the kit, as someone already mentioned. (That, I understand, will be remedied)

Oops.

–SSW

Some have complained the volume control is too slow.

The touch screen does not respond to pushing on the gear icon. I need to touch a good deal lower and to the right for it to respond. This may be idiosyncratic.

Very minor, but I would appreciate a theme color other than blue. But this is just me.

There is a “How To” for recalibrating the touch screen on a PWD: http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-calibrate-a-perfectwave-touch-screen/

Don’t know if it is the same for a DS or whether it would make a difference in Elk’s or any other particular case. Sometimes these things just aren’t that accurate.

That did it. :)

Thanks!

Regarding the volume control, it also seems the gain increase in the 90-100 range is much more apparent and faster than below it. Is this my imagination?

gordon said Regarding the volume control, it also seems the gain increase in the 90-100 range is much more apparent and faster than below it. Is this my imagination?
If you are talking about step size: all 99 steps from 100 to 1 are 1/2 dB. 0 is 0.

If you are talking about how fast the volume changes when you hold the Vol Up or Vol Dn buttons on the remote : who knows, it’s all graphics paint time :)

I don’t know if the PWD had constant step sizes all of the way down or not.

step size.

it seems I get most of the gain from 80 up and faster gain after 90.

must be me?

I even noticed it when using the JRMC volume slider instead of the IR remote.

Maybe you killed my old brain with all the firmware.cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_gif