Christmas gifts

My family knows how to tickle my senses. What a beautiful book.

Meanwhile in the only house on the block to still get CDs for Christmas, they fire up the Sprout to enjoy the bounty.

11 Likes

Gift from my son

Gift from above, this morning

7 Likes

@umiami91 It truly warms my heart to see a young person handling a CD with interest. Made my day!

2 Likes

Was on my list to Santa, and he delivered!

5 Likes

New house shoes and silk long-underwear for me!

1 Like

A t-shirt that says: ā€œThe Angels Have the Phone Box.ā€

1 Like

Well, thanks to my wife I got seven, count ā€˜em, seven brand spankinā€™ new L.P.s! Iā€™m planning on having a great time running them through the Spin Clean record cleaner, then playing them through my Stellar phono pre. That should keep me out of trouble for a while :grin:.

5 Likes

Speaking of books, our daughter got me this for Christmas! She knows me all too well. :smiley:

Phil Collins not included, unfortunately.

5 Likes

Phil is the best. That is one I actually got on Audible too just so I could have him read it to me.

Iā€™m not one for celebrity autobiographies, but the ones I do get make great audiobooks. I thoroughly enjoyed Bryan Cranstonā€™s autobiography as well. Not as much as Philā€™s, mind you, but I donā€™t really enjoy any people quite as much as I do Phil.

1 Like

No edibles? Lol

No, Iā€™m the edible chef in the family :wink: A good friend and neighbor did give me some flower his Dad grew, good natural sunshine stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™m right there with you. I love Phil Collins. Iā€™m going to start reading his book this weekend. I havenā€™t sat down and read a book since high school! Is that sad or what?!

I might look into that Audible as well. Sounds like it would be interesting.

For many reasons not discussed except for momā€™s dementia (she doesnā€™t know me anymore) this has been a brutal Christmas.
Thanks everyone here for what you think and write about our hobby and about life, good or not good.
Happy Merry.
Ron

9 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for your struggles, @RonP. This season can be so hard for so many. I will pray for you at the least. If there is anything more I can offer, please just ask. PMs are always okay.

Mike D

1 Like

Maybe someday. Enjoy your bounty.

I THINK I can gift it to you since I own it if I remember Audibleā€™s policies. Let me check.

1 Like

A friend of mine survived Graham Nortonā€™s red chair by telling a story about when as a kid he lived in Wembley and in 1977 his mum was organising the street party for the Queenā€™s Silver Jubilee. Phil Collins knocks on their front door offering to get his band to play at the party, to which she replies ā€œthanks very much, but Iā€™ve already booked a discoā€.

3 Likes

That would be extremely cool. Thanks for looking into it, Mike!

3 Likes

So sorry Ron. Dementia is a bitc*). Sorry to hear about the troubles in general! Hope next year is better.

1 Like