Christmas gifts

That’s a fantastic story. He eventually made it into “The Prince’s Trust” so I suppose things worked out okay. I’ve read that “A Trick of the Tail” was Princess Di’s favorite album, but who knows what’s true regarding such things?

My son is taking a study abroad semester at University of Bristol starting next month. It will be his first time overseas and he is very excited. Not least that the dorm has a pub in it. Very different from America. We treat our college kids as babies now.

Had breakfast in Bristol this morning. Bakers & Co. Yummy.

I’ll recommend it

Santa is an audiophile! A pair of High Fidelity Cables balanced interconnects to go between my DirectStream DAC and preamp. :grinning:

8 Likes

A quote I found recently that could easily apply to our hobby and Christmas gifts too:

“A child knows no anxiety, if he knows himself to be loved, no mistrust or suspicion. His values are true. He loves things, but he loves them not for what they cost, but for what they are”

Enjoy the music, y’all. God bless.

6 Likes

Once again, Santa comes through!

5 Likes

Went walking same place as last year, same weather, too many people.

From my sister-in-law! Merry Christmas everyone!

6 Likes

Santa also knew that I needed a third version of the latest Tool release!

5 Likes

I guess Santa browses the Amazon site wish lists:

JC_JH

SRV

Merry Christmas, everyone.

6 Likes

From my daughter.

7 Likes

1 Like

I want a Direct Stream DAC MK II, and a Stellar Streamer for Christmas, even if I have to give them to myself. Can Santa Smith arrange that? Or is it Santa McGowan?? Naaah, Ted looks more like Santa.

4 Likes

Thanks Santa! Latest Bjork CD on the left, new Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Live at the Fillmore box on the right.

5 Likes

Long time MKI owner but decided to go a different path rather than the MKII. Thoroughly enjoying my new Meitner MA3.

8 Likes

My third pair (I replace the inserts often). Finest footwear ever…imho.

4 Likes

See, Dale, you are an audiophile. You got new footers for Christmas.

7 Likes

Wow, sounds like your family really knows how to make the holidays special! I got a few books too, but I’m still stuck on the nostalgia of the good old days of getting CDs for Christmas! I can’t believe there’s still a house on the block that does that. It must be really special for them to be able to enjoy it. I decided to give my parents a gift basket this year from https://www.jetgiftbaskets.com/. It’s full of their favorite snacks, drinks, books, and movies. I hope they’ll enjoy it, bringing them some joy this Christmas season.

This is a very interesting set of 4 discs that have many outtakes from the original recording of A Charlie Brown Christmas. My wife had the wisdom to buy this after seeing it on my screen.

4 Likes

Santa was running a bit late, but she sure did good -

13 Likes